WANTED: potted strawbwrries

DitubhauDecember 29, 2012

Hello! This is my first time posting for a plant exchange. I would like at least 25 strawberry plants potted. I wil send ANY seed packet of my choice for this! These seeds will most likely be tropical. Thanks for reading! Please do send! :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
divahethr(7b)

25 potted plants for one packet of seeds that I don't get to choose did I read that right

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 9:29AM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Ditubhau,

Members typically don't trade plants for seeds due to the big difference in postage costs.

Members also don't usually trade seeds for other 'unknown' seeds.

If/when you do work out a trade, please don't be surprised if you are required to mail first, since you are a new member with no reviews.

Now is not the time of year to be transplanting strawberries in most parts of the country, and plants are typically sent bare root, as opposed to being potted.

You might try asking on Freecycle, or Craigslist if they are in your area.

Please see the link below for instructions on getting set up properly for trading...ie, your Member Page email link, your garden zone/location, your Member Trade Lists.

Here is a link that might be useful: addressing newbie and newer member issues

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 1:38PM
wally_1936(8b)

Ditubbau, Your best bet would be to check your local master gardeners for finding strawberry plants in your area. I see our box stores around here think we should pay $5+ for one potted plant that probably will not make it past our summers. When living in Michigan and Colorado the local nurseries provided nice plants for a good price, but that has been years. You do not list your zone, that would always be a help if you want members to be able to provide more information.

Bookmark   December 31, 2012 at 12:50AM
More Discussions
HAVE: Raspberry & Blackberry bareroot to a good home
I need to clear an area that is covered with healthy...
tomato345
Wanted: Pomegranate scions/cuttings
Any type. Had to give up my plants (had Russian varieties)...
Andrea W
Wanted: Woodland fern cuttings
Looking for woodland fern, lady in red, any ferns that...
dawnkelsch13
passion fruit
anyone have the edible passion fruit vine.... passiflora...
mamcc2
HAVE CRINUM LILY
I have some extra CRINUM lilies, I would like to trade...
mamcc2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™