How long do I wait?

merrymerry(6)January 26, 2009

A couple weeks ago, I posted an offering for 6 packets of Wild Columbine seeds for SASEs. I think 8 people responded. Since I posted that there were only 6 packets, I sent the first 6 people to respond an e-mail with my information for a SASE. Since then, I have only received 3 SASEs. So... how long should I wait on these other 3 people before letting the others a chance at the seeds? What is the general protocol on these forums?

Thanks.

- M

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosepedal(Four seasons zone4/5)

Hi M,

I offered SASBE back in december. I just got one today in the mail. I am not sure how long we should wait. Good question....Barb

Bookmark   January 26, 2009 at 3:08PM
dorisl(5)

When I made a SASE offer, I stated in my post that if I didnt get the envy in 10 days the seeds go to somebody else. I think there were a couple that never sent it and too bad for them, cuz the seeds went out to somebody else.

Since you didnt specify how long you'd wait, Its kinda up to you to decide how nice you want to be. You can send them followup emails and say they have XX days to get it to you--you pick the number they're your seeds.

Or you can post a note on here saying -- Hey you waited too long you're SOL.

Or you can just sit and wait a couple more weeks and see how you feel.

Bookmark   January 26, 2009 at 3:36PM
alwaysagarden(CA 9b)

SOL!...lol
Doris you remind me so much of myself, except I tend to think it and you write it! he heee : )

I think 2 weeks is long enough to wait on an SASBE to arrive at your mail box. I agree with Doris, email them that they have a certain amount of time left (whatever you decide on), and if you don't receive their SASBE's by then, pass on the seeds to others. Posting this under your original thread is also a good idea in case people don't read their emails or they are sent to spam. You've hit all the bases.
The protocol is... it's your seed offer, you make your own personal rules. : )

Cindy

Bookmark   January 26, 2009 at 5:02PM
rosepedal(Four seasons zone4/5)

Lol Cindy...Thanks for posting and answering Doris and Cindy. The person told me January they forgot to send it. (Jan 1) I just now got it (jan 26) Maybe the mail held it up I am thinking....I dont trust the mail service especially living in a rural area....B :)

Bookmark   January 26, 2009 at 5:31PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Newbie Seed Project 2015! packs available
the generous donations keep coming in. Right now, I...
bakemom_gw
Have lots of seeds for trade for these:
I am looking for the following seeds Barbarea, variegated Heliopsis...
conniesc
Let's Regroup! How About a Roll Call for GW Seed Exchangers?
We can stay in touch if we post our old GW username...
katjaqu
Search Trade Lists
Any ideas how we search all trade lists for a specific...
shanon_
Check out my updated trade list
My trade list has been updated and I am looking to...
rozenkruetz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™