Seed Aholic?

aquawise(zone 4 Utah)February 26, 2011

Well here goes!!

My name is Gayla! I am a seeds aholic, But alas that is just the beginning I am also a plant snatcher and a seed Rustler. I cannot seem to just pass them by! They call to me to take them away. So I contrive a way to snatch them from there abandon homes.

How does one resist this kind of calling???

Right now there are some Beautiful old Red Damask rose bushes at an old house that call to me each time I drive by. I suck at starting Cutting so I turn the corner and don't look back. Then I feel guilty for not trying. The seeds Just hope into my cart at the stores. If I see them in some yard! My feet just take over and next thing I know I am right there snatching seeds.

I will go get some starts from that Old Rose. YES I WILL!!!!

OK! ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

Don't be shy jump right in an lets hear from you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karyn1(7a)

Need you even ask if I suffer the same affliction? LOL I never saw I seed I didn't like. My favorite hunting grounds are the local botanical gardens. Any public gardens are also fair game but I do ask before snatching from private gardens. Not only do I search for seeds, cuttings are nice too. The best was when my youngest was still in diapers. It didn't look unusual to be carrying a big diaper bag. Little did anyone know that it was stocked not only with baby items but also my supply of clippers, baggies and markers ; ) Now I carry a picnic basket or oversize tote bag.

Bookmark   February 26, 2011 at 6:45AM
dorisl(5)

what Karyn said.....

:)

Bookmark   February 26, 2011 at 2:20PM
NancyPlants(5bNEKs)

ok, having pizza with sweetie tonight, great crust, sauce, having a nice time...something on my plate caught my eye. A tomato seed.
My first thought: I wonder if I could germinate this...or did the pizza oven ruin it...sadness...poor little seed didnt have a chance.
Is that silly or what !?!

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 12:07AM
graanieb

Gayla...glad you started this,amusing, reminds me on similar thread I've had going for a while, am sure it's still somewhere around here.
It's named something like--You know you're addicted to seed exchanging when....

Nancy, lol...we will never look at any seeds in a normal way once into seed swaps.

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 7:13PM
More Discussions
HAVE 10 Key Lime Seeds to TRADE
I decided I do not have the patience, space or interest...
rubyhum
omphalodes cappadocia 'Starry Eyes "
Would like to receive this lovely plant's seeds if...
Patty57
organizing your seeds
Ok. Another question from this newby. How do you oldtimer...
gardenmom2
Good news! Trade lists are back!
If you check someone's profile page, you will see a...
Tamara
Search Trade Lists
Any ideas how we search all trade lists for a specific...
shanon_
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™