Addicted to 'stuff'?

Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)February 28, 2009

Though so many of us are addicted to all things 'seeds', are any of you addicted to 'stuff'?

I took the quiz and was pleased to see that I was rated as having things under control.

I just sent the link to my neighbor, who always says she is 'going to' get rid of 'stuff', but I seldom can see where she made a dent in 'stuff' she was keeping.

How do 'you' rate?

Also, via the link in the What's New at GW, I ended up at 10 Things You Can Quit Cleaning Right Now Being frugal, and one who 'has' to make her bed minutes after getting up, I have to disagree with several of the 10 things. How about you?

Sue...finishing off the pot (coffee)

Here is a link that might be useful: Are You Addicted to Stuff?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nikkineel(GA 8/7b)

Ha! Fun Quiz Sue. Apparently, I'm "in control". Now if I could just convince my husband... The other day I was trying to clean up the patio around our pool. My husband was fighting me at every turn, "No I need that bucket when I clean the leaves." "Don't put that bike in the shed, it interrupts my walking path." Now, if only he realized that cleaning out the shed would provide a walking path and that he can get that bucket out of the shed when he needs it. Why does everything have to stay "out"? I like things to be neat out there so I can enjoy my flowers and not be distracted by other "stuff". I have to admit that he does put up with my pot ghetto from wintersowing and doesn't seem to mind my seed piles that I sometimes leave laying around (to sow, already sown, etc). Such is life I suppose. Nik

Bookmark   February 28, 2009 at 10:55AM
bigred(z8 Ark.)

Nik,
our hubs are brothers or at the very least...long lost cousins.
I was giving in a few years ago on keeping eveything in check but it all went out the window when he retired two yrs ago....it's just to big to fight....LOL

Bookmark   February 28, 2009 at 1:27PM
barefoot_contessa(5a)

Your diagnosis is:
Living Dangerously

Hmmmmm - I guess I am a wild child, lol!

And I am STILL making my bed when I get up! :-)

Carrie

Bookmark   February 28, 2009 at 3:14PM
jim_6b(TN)

A place for everything and everything in its place!
Got a few OCD's but can't comment on them right konw. Have to go make the bed, and straighten the kitchen table.
jim

Bookmark   February 28, 2009 at 10:33PM
mnwsgal 4 MN(4)

Like you, Sue, I am in control. Mostly cause I like things organized.

Ten things you can quit cleaning. Hmm, so we throw away things we don't want to clean? I'm too cheap so will clean my show curtain, pillows, and stove top rings. We already have concerns about landfills and running out of space to put our throw away items. I didn't grow up during the depression of the 30s but learned use it up, reuse it and go without.

Bookmark   March 1, 2009 at 3:29AM
bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)

Kids are growing up (17, 19, 23) and I call my project de-sh$tting the house. Cat Welfare has a garage sale every Saturday and I donate constantly. I still have huge antique and collectibles collections - hope to ebay some of it this fall.

I can't stand clutter and disorganization.

Bookmark   March 1, 2009 at 7:29AM
barefoot_contessa(5a)

Use it up, wear it out, make it do or DO WITHOUT! That's my motto! Kids hate it, but that's just the way it is!

Bookmark   March 1, 2009 at 6:49PM
carol57078(5 S. Dak.)

Very much in control here, just what Bakemom said.
Carol

Bookmark   March 2, 2009 at 2:24PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Newbie Seed Project 2015! packs available
the generous donations keep coming in. Right now, I...
bakemom_gw
omphalodes cappadocia 'Starry Eyes "
Would like to receive this lovely plant's seeds if...
Patty57
WANTED: Green Envy zinnias
My daughter has a passion for flowers, she's 12 and...
sunsetfarm
Wanted Nemophila Penny black
I'm very interested in finding these seeds for trade....
tamela_star
hardy hibiscus
Does anyone have hardy hibiscus seeds they would share...
Sophie Harding
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™