Fertilizer on herbs?
Okay, I fear I'm going to get an "it's all about the soil/drainage" reply to this post, but my container-grown herbs more or less just don't look all that great. I have a bunch: basil, parsley, oregano, thyme, dill, cilantro.
- Basil used to look good, but then it got woody. I chopped it back and it just looks terrible now! Yellow-green looking leaves with blemishes on them..
- Parsley actually looks OK but I haven't had a lot of new growth lately and the leaves aren't exactly the rich dark green color they used to be...
- I overwatered the english thyme and it went woody, now it looks terrible and doesn't seem to have a lot of new growth
- the silver thyme has got dark spots on the underside of all the leaves and just looks generally unhappy
- cilantro immediately bolted, so I'm letting it go to seed
- the others are too new to look bad, but I'm sure they'll go downhill eventually too!
I potted in nursery bought potting soil. I've added wicks to the shallower pots. I've learned not to water so much and have been letting them get a bit dry between waterings.
What next? Fertilizer?