Frisbee people

aquawise(zone 4 Utah)February 12, 2010

This is Off topic but you are all my friends and I wanted to share this with all of you.

I am saddened by the lose of a great friend, Someone who has touched all of our lives. Most of you have one or have played with his wonderful Toy. Walter F. Morrison! The man that Invented the FRISBEE or Pluto Platter as it was first called. He has been my great Friend for many years. He passed away in his sleep Tuesday night at the age of 90 years. My 3 girls knew him as Walt the "No Good Fairy" as he liked to call himself, He always had a pocket full of Charleston Chews for them. We loved him dearly and although he is at peace and out of pain now we miss him, He leaves me and my family with many memories of the fun we shared with him! He died from cancer. I say a prayer of thanks for have know this man and being able to call him my friend. My God take him home and reunite him with is wife and soul mate Lu! who passed away year ago.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

Aquawise, thank-you for letting me know that. My husband played Ultimate Frisbee for many years (in his younger years).

I'm very sorry for your loss, it is wonderful that he was your good friend. His invention touched many lives, gave people some wonderful fun times and kept a nation fit! What a blessing he was.

GGG

Bookmark   February 21, 2010 at 11:47PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Seeds! Seeds! Seeds!
I've adding many new seeds to my trading list within...
EricaBraun
Good news! Trade lists are back!
If you check someone's profile page, you will see a...
Tamara
Let's Regroup! How About a Roll Call for GW Seed Exchangers?
We can stay in touch if we post our old GW username...
katjaqu
wanting Armenian Cucumber
Does anyone have this to trade? I have other veggie...
jen_frazier
Looking to trade
Let say that I'm not liking this new format at all....
mori1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™