Need some advice - freeze coming

SmokyMist(7 East TN)March 24, 2008

I know this might not be the perfect place to post, BUT, I know all my friends on this forum will see this and hopefully answer me quickly.

It was in the 70's all last week, but true to TN weather, they are calling for snow flurries today ( which will amount to nothing ) and a hard freeze tonight.

Ok I have daylilies up, alliums up, columbines, campanulas , lilies coming up. My potted sedums, campanulas, and other plants I'm getting ready for a plant sale.

WHAT do I need to cover up with sheets ? What will a freeze hurt ? HELP !!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Just how hard is hard?

I do know that the abnormally late freeze here last spring damaged several things, but I was thinking it was more in April....and it was quite hard.

My guess is that everything will be fine. I have most all of the above up also, and temps are expected to be in the upper twenties. I think everything here will be fine even at those temps.

The very late very hard freeze damaged blooms moreso than the actual plants.

You might go to the site below and do a search on your upcoming forecast. I find they are quite accurate and update the forecast frequently as things change.

If in doubt, I'd cover the potted stuff for sale, just to assure it being looking good and not frost/freeze damaged.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Expected temps here.

Bookmark   March 24, 2008 at 12:59PM
More Discussions
Requests for Houzz
Houzz, Please fix your app for smartphones to allow...
kchd
wanting Armenian Cucumber
Does anyone have this to trade? I have other veggie...
jen_frazier
wanted: daylily seeds
Looking for daylily seeds. I have sarracenia rhizomes...
ericmd01
KatJaqu's GardenWeb Exchange Page
Seeds I have to trade: Autumn Rainbow Earth Tone Dent...
katjaqu
Let's Regroup! How About a Roll Call for GW Seed Exchangers?
We can stay in touch if we post our old GW username...
katjaqu
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™