Metered Stamps

karyn1(7a)March 22, 2008

I've recently received metered stamps for postage. I've been told by more then one person, including people at the post office that these can only be used from the zip code where they were produced. I received one for 41 cents and told the person that I'd stick it on an envelope but there was a chance that it might not go through. I received one today to cover a flat rate box, $8.95 and I told that person that I wouldn't use it.

Karyn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

I've been told by more then one person, including people at the post office that these can only be used from the zip code where they were produced.
You're right. I just ran this by my PO. They said they do not 'sell' postage tapes. They said they could not and would not accept a package brought in with a tape that originated in another city. They 'could not' reimburse me for the tape. They said they 'thought' the tapes should never be "sold." They are just for the use as postage placed on the package/envy at the time the box/evny is brought in. They are dated, thus that says that is the day that parcel was put into the mail system.

I'm thinking if the tape ($8.95) is returned to the sender, that she maybe should discuss the matter with her Post Master, and hopefully get her $$ back. That may prevent that PO doing that again.

I've never thought to tell members to NOT send postal tapes, just never assuming that would ever happen, but have seen where it evidently has b4.

Sorry this happened to you.

Sue

Bookmark   March 24, 2008 at 11:20AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Galbanum seeds
I'm interested in seeds of aromatic “Galbanum,”...
ansarac951
Updated trade list.
Would love to exchange seeds. Check out my exchange...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
Lots of seeds to trade
I normally do trades of 15-20 seeds, so if you want...
slm2118
HAVE: Seeds! Seeds! Seeds!
I've adding many new seeds to my trading list within...
EricaBraun
Traders -> Now ANYONE can message you!
Go to https://www.houzz.com/editProfile Edit Profile...
phylis
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™