My goodness, it smells good in here!

Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)March 21, 2011

Nothing like dropping and breaking a small bottle of essential oil on a tile floor to make a place smell good. I just quickly wiped it up, and left the rest and now wonder how long the fragrance will linger. I guess I should have saved the rag I wiped it up with, to add some intense fragrance elsewhere. (Smelly damp basement comes to mind) I hope I don't get any company soon that is bothered by smelly stuff, as I know 'smells' don't agree with a lot of folks. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy the Hawaiian Mist myself.

Sue

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quilt_mommy(5/6 Northeast Ohio)

Lol* Considering you only need a drop or so of those oils I can only imagine the smell! ;) I bet visitors will smell it days after your nose has adjusted. Lol* Better than having a stinky house!!!

Bookmark   March 21, 2011 at 1:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grovespirit(Zone 9)

LOL... I've done this before, too! It was a vial of chamomile essential oil which I accidentally dropped and shattered on my bathroom tile floor.

I did actually think to save the paper towel used to wipe up the mess, and I put that very fragrant paper towel into the utility room of my house which is where I keep my worm bin (so it can sometimes get a bit rank in there due to composting)...

Let's just say my worm bin area and my bathroom both smelled unusually nice for several weeks! :)

Bookmark   May 5, 2011 at 5:41AM
More Discussions
Let's Regroup! How About a Roll Call for GW Seed Exchangers?
We can stay in touch if we post our old GW username...
katjaqu
HAVE : Different backgrounds and improved viewing of this site!
some of us gw webbers have been creating different...
leila hamaya
Have: Fr Marigolds, Grandpa Ott
Have French marigolds multicolored Queen Sofia, Grandpa...
gardenlover77. zn6 NY
Where may I find my trade list?
I doubt I will be able to figure out this new format...
lindamarie
HAVE: Over 400 Varieties of Tomato Seeds
***To everyone that responded to my original post back...
kbreezy27
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™