how to start

joytwo1839(z6 TN)March 25, 2008

This looks like something I would like a lot so how do I start - I don't have any seed to trade so do I just wait until summer and save them?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ramazz(8a VA)

You can look for SASBE offers (I have one posted and so do other people). And yes, save seeds from the plants you have in the summer and fall. You will be surprised how fast your list will grow once you start trading.

Becky
ramazz

Bookmark   March 25, 2008 at 3:57PM
booberry85(5)

If you're interested in seed saving, please take a look at the link below. It'll take you to the Seed Saving forum. There are lots on knowledgeable folks there that can help you get you started saving seeds.

For seed trading, it's a good idea to start with the seeds of plants you like. Check out the garden sections of hardware stores as well as your local gardening centers. They'll have lots of seeds in this time of year. Pick up a few packs of things you like. There are usually more seeds in a pack then you can plant. Those you don't have room to plant, trade.

Also, if you haven't already, go to your Member's Page. You can click on the link that's in the green banner at the bottom of the page. Click on Members List and type in your wants & haves. That'll help a lot of folks know what you are interested in.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed Saving

Bookmark   March 25, 2008 at 4:01PM
agirlsgirl(6 SW-PA)

Sent you an email! If you dont get it,email me! :)

Bookmark   March 26, 2008 at 4:41PM
More Discussions
KatJaqu's GardenWeb Exchange Page
Seeds I have to trade: Autumn Rainbow Earth Tone Dent...
katjaqu
wanted: daylily seeds
Looking for daylily seeds. I have sarracenia rhizomes...
ericmd01
Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 5
Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 5 we came from here: Adopt-A-Newbie...
leila hamaya
Have: Updated Seed List
Wow...was I surprised about the change! And without...
Matthew Condon - Indiana.Matt - IN, Zone 5/6
Not giving up yet
Hi , look at my trade list ,if you have something I...
tergrov
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™