New to gardening: wanting advice and seeds

organic_greenthumb1March 19, 2008

Hello,

This is mine and my son's first year of gardening and we are in need of some advice and some seeds. We have put in a fairly large raised bed and need advice on what would be best to plant. I am also curious how the whole seed exchange works. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Welcome to Garden Web.

I thought you might like to know there is no email link on your member page, thus no way to email you.

To set up your email, just go to the bottom on any page here, and click on Member Pages
Then click on Edit your Personal Information, Page, and Preferences
You will then probably be asked to login in again.
Once there, set the drop down box to Show my email address to MEMBERS
Then check the box Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site.

That will place a link on your member page

While there editing, you may want to fill in your state abbreviation. It goes in the one box provided for the garden zone(and location)

Suggestion...fill out your seed trade page, so if your wants are listed and known if anyone should happen to have some things to share with you for sasbe.

Check out the more recent post subject lines for offers of "Seeds for Newbies, SASE, SASBE.

An sase, or sasbe, is actually a bubble envelope sent to the offerer, and it is to contain among other things, return postage in the amount requested by the offerer, (likely 80 cents to $1.13 or a little more, just depending on the amount or seeds being offered and what they are), a note with your GW name, a list of seeds requested (unless it is offerer's choice) and a return address label.

Suggestion....in your member blurb, maybe tell a bit of your new gardening interests...butterflies, sun/shade, veggies, all...etc.

Happy Gardening and trading.

Sue

Bookmark   March 19, 2008 at 4:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zzackey(8b GA)

I bought a book called Square foot gardening from abebooks.com. It was like brand new! It was only $1.00, but the postage was $4.00. Your local library might have it. Or maybe just type in square foot gardening and search the web! I have lots of seeds that I would love to trade for postage stamps. Please see my post on the GW seed exchange! Maggie

Bookmark   March 25, 2008 at 4:51PM
More Discussions
Want: Sorrel Have: Thai holy Basil for trade
I love to trade Sorrel, Large Leaf or any type of Sorrel...
pat44th
Wanted Nemophila Penny black
I'm very interested in finding these seeds for trade....
tamela_star
WANTED: Green Envy zinnias
My daughter has a passion for flowers, she's 12 and...
sunsetfarm
Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 5
Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 5 we came from here: Adopt-A-Newbie...
leila hamaya
Traders -> Now ANYONE can message you!
Go to https://www.houzz.com/editProfile Edit Profile...
phylis
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™