Packing trades

gunnysackMarch 16, 2009

This season I have received several trades which were sent in regular envelopes, some wrapped in newspaper or paper towel, really sad when you wait for the seeds to arrive only to get them damaged or crushed. From now on I will specify bubble envelope only and if the person does not use a bubble envelope I won't trade with them a second time.

Gunnysack

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
littleonefb

Gunnysack,

I'm gonna be the first to agree with you. I only mail seeds out in bubble envelopes whether it is trades or BEAP. I will not use any other kind of envelope.

I too have had seeds wrapped like you've described sent to me over the years and have never had them come in good condition.

No matter what anyone says or thinks, sending seeds any other way than using a bubble envelope is asking to have seeds received as crushed dust and no one wants crushed dust for seeds.

Fran

Bookmark   March 17, 2009 at 1:48AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
token28001(zone7b NC)

I've received a couple of trades in regular envelopes. Usually, they're tiny seeds. While some have been crushed, there have been some that made it through fine. But still, why take the chance? Bubble envelopes are the way to go.

Bookmark   March 17, 2009 at 6:26AM
More Discussions
messaging help please
I read Philis' post about messaging and I thought I...
vaflowernut
Good news! Trade lists are back!
If you check someone's profile page, you will see a...
Tamara
WANTED: Galbanum seeds
I'm interested in seeds of aromatic “Galbanum,”...
ansarac951
organizing your seeds
Ok. Another question from this newby. How do you oldtimer...
gardenmom2
WANTED: Crimson Delight Tomato
Howdy fellow GW/Houzzers. I am on the search for Crimson...
EricaBraun
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™