walmart rant

dorisl(5)March 17, 2008

Has anybody seen the newest ripoff at wallmart? They have a "Petunia Border Kit" with 20,000 Petunia Seeds in a box that could fit 3 pounds of cookies. this link says Petunia seeds average 9,000 seeds per gram. So they used this giant box to pack not even 3 grams of seeds.

here

Its so attractively packaged, its a real fooler. There are other varieties of "kits" also. Be on the lookout!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shimla(5 Upstate, NY)

It's not just walmart! I saw the same type of thing in Walgreens. It was a smaller box of begonia but when I read the contents, the amount of begonia seed was equivalent to a little 10 cent flower packet.

Bookmark   March 17, 2008 at 7:06PM
flwrs4ever

Yes they will say 2% seeds 98 % inert ingredients...they package them this way so you get even distrubution of the seeds....

I dont agree with it...just the way they get away with it..they have them at ALL stores...

Bookmark   March 17, 2008 at 7:51PM
medontdo(8)

see that's why i love trading!! then i don't get all the "inert ingredients" LOL although when i got my seeds from this one place it didn't have inert ingredients, LOL of course it was a catalogue!! LOL i swear the way she packaged it i swear she was a trader!! LOL and i thought at first, i don't remember trading with her again, although i wanted something off of her list!! LOL
dang inert ingredients!! LOL

Bookmark   March 17, 2008 at 9:06PM
More Discussions
WANTED: PawPaw Seeds
Anyone have Pawpaw seeds to trade? I can send a self...
persimmons
Wanted: Feverfew seeds
I am looking for feverfew seeds if anyone has any....
nottougly
Vegetable seeds to trade (Z6)
beans: Carson, Ky Wonder, Sunburst, Top Crop, Scarlet...
woodsidetrader
HAVE: 26 veggie seed packets
Would like this to go to one person and then you can...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
Wanted: hens and chicks poppy seeds
For SASE or exchange, I have other seeds that I can't...
mersiepoo
Sponsored Products
Vaxcel Elba Pendant - 21W in. New Bronze - P0004
$397.50 | Hayneedle
Bayou Classics 48 in. Stainless Steel Braided Hose with Regulator - 20 psi Multi
$32.99 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™