walmart rant

dorisl(5)March 17, 2008

Has anybody seen the newest ripoff at wallmart? They have a "Petunia Border Kit" with 20,000 Petunia Seeds in a box that could fit 3 pounds of cookies. this link says Petunia seeds average 9,000 seeds per gram. So they used this giant box to pack not even 3 grams of seeds.

here

Its so attractively packaged, its a real fooler. There are other varieties of "kits" also. Be on the lookout!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shimla(5 Upstate, NY)

It's not just walmart! I saw the same type of thing in Walgreens. It was a smaller box of begonia but when I read the contents, the amount of begonia seed was equivalent to a little 10 cent flower packet.

Bookmark   March 17, 2008 at 7:06PM
flwrs4ever

Yes they will say 2% seeds 98 % inert ingredients...they package them this way so you get even distrubution of the seeds....

I dont agree with it...just the way they get away with it..they have them at ALL stores...

Bookmark   March 17, 2008 at 7:51PM
medontdo(8)

see that's why i love trading!! then i don't get all the "inert ingredients" LOL although when i got my seeds from this one place it didn't have inert ingredients, LOL of course it was a catalogue!! LOL i swear the way she packaged it i swear she was a trader!! LOL and i thought at first, i don't remember trading with her again, although i wanted something off of her list!! LOL
dang inert ingredients!! LOL

Bookmark   March 17, 2008 at 9:06PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Galbanum seeds
I'm interested in seeds of aromatic “Galbanum,”...
ansarac951
have: showy milkweed seeds for sase
Hi Everyone, We have a project to get as much milkweed...
nankeen
Good news! Trade lists are back!
If you check someone's profile page, you will see a...
Tamara
Updated trade list.
Would love to exchange seeds. Check out my exchange...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
Want: Great White tomato. Have: tomatoes (list inside)
I had a trade for some Great White seeds, but it looks...
muffypuffie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™