pelee mum

kris2001(6a - s.e.PA)September 17, 2008

I recently got this PELEE MUM from Giant stores. It is beautiful. I planted it in a pot in my deck. Does anyone know how to collect seeds and grow this from seed?

If not how do I ensure this doesnt die in winter... can I bring it in ? Should I trim it to 1 inch then?

Pls advice on how I can save this till next spring . Pls share your exp. with this Awesome Mum!

http://bexar-tx.tamu.edu/HomeHort/F1Column/2006%20Articles/David'sPlantoftheWeek/Pelee%20Mums.htm

Thanks

Kris

sePA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dhenry2391(5)

hi kris, pelee has a beautiful color to the flower. this mum is considered a florist-type mum not a winter-hardy mum. so planting it outdoors, our winter would kill it. you can try to overwinter it indoors, but it will look awlful and struggle til next spring. mums indoor are more likely to get bugs as well. aphids, spider mites seem to be the worst. if you have time, then experiment. grow cool, because unless you use artificial lighting, natural light and warm temperatures will produce leggy stems. by the way the two chicago floral conservatories will have their mum show from oct 11 to nov 30, 2008. FREE ADMISSION they are located in lincoln park and garfield park.

Bookmark   September 20, 2008 at 8:12AM
More Discussions
Aglaonema - help
I bought this red aglaonema couple of months back....
bluehaven_gweb
Need advice for container garden for elderly woman
I have a question on container gardening for an elderly...
sharonkdr
Meyer Exploding in 5-1-1
My meyer lemon in 5-1-1 is just going nuts right now....
Jay Part Shade (Zone 10B, S21, Los Angeles)
Help with 1:1:1 - weight and sourcing in the UK
I've just clicked that weight is going to be an issue...
containergardenerbeginner
Coarse Perlite for 5:1:1
Hi all, first off is "coarse" the correct...
halocline
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™