something is eating my plant; what could it be?

CelbriseSeptember 18, 2012

just yesterday i checked on my eggplant seedling which seems to be doing alright besides the fact it has leaf miners as i can see their tunnels on both of the leaves. but then their is this 3rd one i would guess it's true leaves from when it sprouted and it looks like something took a big bite out of it i can see marks like a shark bite. i see nothing around the plant or on it.

any ideas wth is eating it? this is all within just a single day.

i have a tomato and bell pepper plant right by it and the bell pepper is doing great the tomato same besides for some early blight problems and blossom drop but nothing is attacking those plants besides aphids but i got rid of them.

i doubt it's a horn worm as we RARELY see horn worms here

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)

Grasshopper, caterpillar, bee/wasps ....... others, - a lot of possibilities depend on where you live. You might consider adding that info to you're visible user info - like my z5b-6a mid-MI. It will help others to offer more specific advice and get a better feel for your situation/conditions.

Al

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 7:33AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
meyermike_1micha(5)

I'm with Al!

You should of seen what the grasshoppers did to my citrus. They are sneaky and can eat an entire leaf like a shark within minutes. Many have the shark bites you speak of and it was a horrible year, first time for me with grasshoppers.

They camouflage darn good.

Mike

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 7:52AM
More Discussions
Type of kale... Also, shiny metallic flakes?
Hey, my friend gave me some kale seeds from her plants...
Josie Murray
Container gardening
My clivia, 20-30 yr old lives in a pot, maybe 15 gal....
josephene_gw
Pine Bark Fines Substitute?
I'm having trouble finding pine bark fines for the...
johnweh
Container garden help wanted, re: corn
I am wanting to try something new with my container...
klo12
Apartment composting and container gardening.
Any tips or tricks using apartment compost with your...
newgardenelf
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™