warning! html script virus

watermelon7(9 - 10)March 25, 2009

Warning! There is an HTML script virus that has been introduced to iVillage and the Gardenweb network! Scan your computer for viruses and check for updates every chance you get to ensure protection. If your antivirus and antispyware programs have a setting to scan websites as you access them, please make sure that setting is turned on.

Suggested method:

Quarantine or deny access to the virus.

If quarantined, send the virus to your antivirus provider. Usually there is a tool in your antivirus program to send viruses or ad/spyware for research. Please do this whenever possible.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

There is an HTML script virus that has been introduced to iVillage and the Gardenweb network!

What is the source of your information? My AVG scans daily and there has not been anything detected. Additionally, I have not been experiencing any problems.

Sue

Bookmark   March 26, 2009 at 6:40AM
barefoot_contessa(5a)

Maybe that's what happened to my computer?????

Bookmark   March 26, 2009 at 12:57PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Who knows...I suspect it was maybe a link to somewhere else that was maybe posted somewhere on GW or something that watermelon clicked on.

Sue

Bookmark   March 26, 2009 at 12:59PM
littleonefb

Interesting warning.

I would think that if this where true, GW and Ivillage would have a posted warning to alert all users to this serious problem with our computers.
Their business is on the net, they would not want any problems for users. They would immediately take action with the problem and warn all users.

There is no mention of this problem on the computer forum, which I would expect an immediate posting there by those that frequently post on that forum about this.

A google search has produced no info either.

I posted on the computer help forum, asking if there was any validity to this post and so far no response.

I also sent an e-mail to GW directly and asked if this where true.

I suspect that the poster may or may not have picked up a virus somewhere else on the web and believes it came from GW and/or Ivillage

OR received this info in an e-mail and assumed it to be true and posted it here for all of us to read.

Fran

Bookmark   March 26, 2009 at 2:15PM
littleonefb

here is a link from a post I did on the computer forum about the subject.

appears to be no validity to the OP post.

Fran

Here is a link that might be useful: computer help forum response

Bookmark   March 26, 2009 at 2:46PM
littleonefb

Watermelon7

If you believe this to be true, why aren't you posting the info of where you got this info about a virus on here?

Have you reported this info to GW? If not you should do so immediately and also provide them with the source of your info so that they can do something about this virus, if indeed it does exist.

Fran

Bookmark   March 26, 2009 at 3:48PM
More Discussions
Have Commercial seed for trade
All offered seeds are commercial, most will arrive...
Frances Coffill
WANTED: Galbanum seeds
I'm interested in seeds of aromatic “Galbanum,”...
ansarac951
Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 5
Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 5 we came from here: Adopt-A-Newbie...
leila hamaya
HAVE : Different backgrounds and improved viewing of this site!
some of us gw webbers have been creating different...
leila hamaya
Want: Sorrel Have: Thai holy Basil for trade
I love to trade Sorrel, Large Leaf or any type of Sorrel...
pat44th
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™