I bought an inexpensive greenhouse tonight WM

kvalentz(5- NE Ohio)March 11, 2008

I just came from Wallmart and bought a 64 inch tall, 4 shelf / tier metal greenhouse with plastic zippered outer shell for 39 bucks, whoohooo! It was a great deal, and we bought "under the cabinet" florescent lights for 7 bucks a piece and hung them in there from the shelves. Now, if I can just figure out what seeds I want to plant, lol. I can never decide. I have checked greenhouses like this out on the web, but when you add in the S&H it was always way too expensive. If you are in the market for one of these, check it out. I guess I am supposed to say something like "I get no profit from saying this?" lol Well I don't.

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flwrs4ever

Thanks so much for the heads up..I just spent 15.00 there for a shelf unit..guess the GH would of been so much better...good luck with picking the seeds...I have been putting my hand in the container, and pulling one out, and that is the one I have to plant..cause if I look thru them..I spend too much time trying to decide. ( I have the perennials seperate from annuals)

Enjoy your new GH !! How exciting !

Bookmark   March 12, 2008 at 8:22AM
SmokyMist(7 East TN)

Ohhhhhhh I'll have to check that out. I need one !

Bookmark   March 12, 2008 at 8:51PM
plant-one-on-me(MI 5b)

Check out Lowe's also. I saw them for $34.99. I cannot afford one this year but I am hoping they either go on a really good sale or hopefully there will be some left and clearanced out.

I am putting together a makeshift greenhouse using 2 of my husbands saw horses. I am spacing them about 7 ft apart. I put 2 2x4's across and them tarped with clear plastic. Right now I will have to move things in and out of the house but it didn't cost me anything and should help get things going a little earlier.

I also "borrowed" 2 of his shop lights and hung them over a shelf in the basement to extend the daylight to get my little babies off to a good start.

So glad you found your little greehouse though.

Bookmark   March 16, 2008 at 10:38AM
More Discussions
Where may I find my trade list?
I doubt I will be able to figure out this new format...
lindamarie
HAVE: Newbie Seed Project 2015! packs available
the generous donations keep coming in. Right now, I...
bakemom_gw
Have: Updated Seed List
Wow...was I surprised about the change! And without...
Matthew Condon - Indiana.Matt - IN, Zone 5/6
Traders -> Now ANYONE can message you!
Go to https://www.houzz.com/editProfile Edit Profile...
phylis
Have to trade
Large Barred Boar Tomato seeds
riggson3
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™