Lights Out Anyone ???

barefoot_contessa(5a)March 28, 2009

Hi all -

I was just wondering how many joined in tonight for "flipping the switch" from 8:30 - 9:30 pm?

Whn we turned everything out/off tonight, our teenagers jumped ship and left for lighter ;-) ground, LoL.

Carrie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

I was just wondering how many joined in tonight for "flipping the switch" from 8:30 - 9:30 pm?
Didn't really participate as I did not even know or read about it until 8:45. I went and turned out the kitchen light though that did not 'need' to be on.

That's funny that your teens jumped ship.

Sue

Bookmark   March 30, 2009 at 7:18AM
bigred(z8 Ark.)

I MEANT TOO BUT FOROT.

p

Whoops...sorry,didn't mean to shout.

Bookmark   March 30, 2009 at 7:49AM
grovespirit(Zone 9)

Hubby and I turned our lights and other electrical devices (except the fridge) off for the full hour. :)

First we went out for our usual evening stroll. We typically walk every evening for about a 1/2 hour for health reasons- the surgeon general is now saying that everyone needs to be getting 1 hr. of walking in every single day, *in addition to* three 30-minute cardio exercise sessions per week!

Hubby and I both spend a lot of time sitting even when the official workday is over, due to homework and studies. We have scheduled evening walks daily, to stay in shape.

After the half-hour walk, we came home and had some quality romantic time by candlelight. In a way, it reminded us pleasantly of camping. We had so much fun that our lights remained off for the rest of the night and we decided we should do the switchoff more often. :)

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 4:00PM
wenders67(5)

I did and went for a drive,and no one else around 3 country "blocks" had their lights out.

Bookmark   April 10, 2009 at 1:34AM
More Discussions
messaging help please
I read Philis' post about messaging and I thought I...
vaflowernut
Wanted: Bush cucumber variety
I was hoping to find a type of cucumber I could plant...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
Looking for all size/types of sunflowers that I don't have
Please look at my want list for sunflowers and hope...
bluee19
HAVE 10 Key Lime Seeds to TRADE
I decided I do not have the patience, space or interest...
rubyhum
Good news! Trade lists are back!
If you check someone's profile page, you will see a...
Tamara
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™