okay, I'm definately addicted...

lindaruzicka(Z6 PA)April 22, 2008

I was with my husband and daughter visiting my brother in law. Coming out of his apartment, I noticed this clump of lamb's ear that had escaped and was growing in the sidewalk. Now knowing the predictament it would be in when the lawn mower did it's job, I bent down and neatly plucked it out of the ground. Quite pleased with myself for having saved yet another plant life, I turned around to confront my daughter's horrified expression. "MOM, what are you doing!!"..she hissed at me. "Why, I'm saving this plant."..waving it in front of her face. "You can't just take a plant from Uncle Greg's sidewalk!" I explained to her, very kindly and with great patience, that it would get mowed down and lose it's little plant life. She shook her head and stomped off muttering that she can't take me anywhere....can you imagine that?...."shugging shoulders and not understanding why she thinks it's my job in life to embarrass her"....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Thanks! That reminds me. Last fall late, I was visiting a (gardening) friend who now lives at an assisted living place. We both noticed in the courtyard, that several little lambs ears had jumped out of the bed, and were growing in the grass. We both thought it would be a good idea to rescue them from a mower, or worse yet some sort of lawn spray that kills off anything that isn't a grass. I'll be visiting her in the next few days, and helping to rescue at least a few of the wee plants. It's our duty...right?

Sue

Bookmark   April 22, 2008 at 10:30AM
agirlsgirl(6 SW-PA)

lol...My daughter just tells her friends I am a crazy plant lady,I was crazy seed lady until I had sprouts,now I am graduated to crazy plant lady! Wouldn't have it any other way! :)

Bookmark   April 22, 2008 at 10:33AM
medontdo(8)

LOL that's sooo funny!! now the kids are the same way. but occasionally they will help out. LOL notice i said "occasionally" LL

Bookmark   April 22, 2008 at 8:07PM
More Discussions
Free seeds from Feed A Bee
Bayer corporation, possibly out of guilt from making...
Debi Matlack
Wanted: White Hummingbird Vine
I have the red version but would like the white. If...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
Updated Tradelist
Seeds I have to trade: soybean multicolored limabean chocolatesweet...
jnacolesmith
HAVE: 26 veggie seed packets
Would like this to go to one person and then you can...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
Want: Clitoria ternatea Butterfuly Pea Double Blue & Barbara's Buttons
I would really like to trade for 2014/2015 seeds of...
ruthz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™