Magazines?

dan_the_mailmanApril 14, 2008

I was just cleaning out my magazine rack as a break from doing my taxes, and came across a pile of gardening magazines, which makes me wonder something. What gardening magazines does everyone prefer? And no, seed catalogs don't count for this question.....lol!

In my mailbox, I get the following...

Birds and Blooms

Gardening How-To

Country Gardens

Garden Gate

-Dan, S.G.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
proudgm_03(6 MO)

So, it's April 14th and you are still working on your taxes? Hmmm.

Who has time for gardening magazines? Since finding this site my free time is spent reading the forums, making spreadsheets for my seeds, wintersowing, getting the flower beds ready, getting ready for wintersowing, checking on new plant growth, perusing the internet about different plants, planning out the flower beds, thinking of better ways to do the previous mentioned things, and on and on.

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 6:21PM
sassybutterfly_2008(7 NorthWest GA)

Southern Living and BHG ... LOVE them!! I love to get old ones from freecycle and just tear out all the gardening stuff... somehow in my mind, that's kinda/sorta de-cluttering my clutter... (????????yea RIGHT!)
Anywho.. did ya plant those moneyplants yet Dan? Might help w/ ur taxes.. *snickers (so bad I know I know.. it's late lol )

~Wendy

Bookmark   April 15, 2008 at 12:02AM
medontdo(8)

organic gardening!!
backyard living is pretty cool too, but my mil gives me her birds in bloom when she's done and i like it also!! LOL :'))
i like the projects they have in backyard living, it helps with the homeschooling for the kiddo's!! LOL if they are small enough :'))

Bookmark   April 15, 2008 at 12:25AM
lindaruzicka(Z6 PA)

I read all the ones you do Dan...I still like holding a paper magazine and drinking my tea and browsing..."L" In fact, I picked up "Garden Structures" because I'm toying with the idea of an arch or something along that line..

Bookmark   April 17, 2008 at 4:23PM
love2gardennc

Dan and I have a lot in common. I would rather do anything in the world other than my taxes. Mid April is the only time of year that everything in my home is clean just to get me away from the taxes.
I used to do Bird's and Bloom but I never had the time to read them and after a couple of years of them piling up I discontinued my sub.

Bookmark   April 17, 2008 at 6:53PM
More Discussions
Using bubble envelopes
Please, please, please, use bubble envelopes when shipping...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
omphalodes cappadocia 'Starry Eyes "
Would like to receive this lovely plant's seeds if...
Patty57
WANTED: Galbanum seeds
I'm interested in seeds of aromatic “Galbanum,”...
ansarac951
organizing your seeds
Ok. Another question from this newby. How do you oldtimer...
gardenmom2
WANTED: Crimson Delight Tomato
Howdy fellow GW/Houzzers. I am on the search for Crimson...
EricaBraun
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™