saying hi

chriztyApril 8, 2008

im not so new just new to posting, i mostly lurk lol

just wanted to say hi, i hope to get in on the group seed swaps this year, ill have to figure out how to work the gw fourms, i keep getting lost lol, ill get use to it, think ill be here more often so might as well say hi to ya all.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Hi Chrizty,

Welcome to the Seed Exchange. Glad you finally came out of lurkdom.

If you keep getting lost, just save a few of your more favorite forums to your favorites, or bookmarks...whichever you have.

There is a post on this board with the title....well, I see you just found it and posted to it...the addressing newbie and newer member issues-first draft.

There is another especially good informative post...well, there are really many, but you might also check out,
Needing everyones input! :)

It is full of hints and tips that have been gathered from a lot of the 'regulars' here.

Hint to you.
You have no email link...but you read how to fix that up...right?
You have no trade list on your Member Trade page...not even a wish list of seeds wanted......We need to know this info if the 'enablers' here are going to get you addicted to seed trading, collecting, growing. Have you read about the enablers yet? You read how to do that and why...right?

Anywho...welcome...tell us a bit about yourself...better yet, write a little blurb on your member page so we can all reference it anytime.

My name is Sue, and I am a small time enabler compared to most here, and I am the resident busy body. If you ever have any questions, either address them here, or feel free to email me.

Sue...rbb for short

Bookmark   April 8, 2008 at 9:39PM
sassybutterfly_2008(7 NorthWest GA)

Hi Chrizty! I'm new to 'posting' and to Garden Web as well. Follow Sue's advice up there and you'll be all set!

So.. welcome! lol

~Wendy

Bookmark   April 8, 2008 at 11:00PM
chrizty

thank you for the welcomes n help!
i think i got my e-mail in. im gonna have to go back and re-read. lol baby steps for me, im not a fast learner.

Bookmark   April 8, 2008 at 11:54PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Hay Chrizty,

You have an email link, little blurb, and trade lists. You're learning fast (compared to so many...lol) and doing great.

Maybe it is now time to take the leap and post for the one thing you are looking for...think? I have (a very few) seeds to a variegated version of your one 'want'. With a little luck, I will have tons to share after the seed collecting season this year.

Sue...resident busy body

Bookmark   April 9, 2008 at 9:39AM
agirlsgirl(6 SW-PA)

Hi Chrizty! WELCOME!!!!! :)
Once I get back to my routine here,I should be able to enable your addiction,so give me a couple weeks and I will spoil you! :) Enjoy Garden Web,there is no other place like it!
~Angie ,drbb

Bookmark   April 9, 2008 at 10:38AM
flwrs4ever

Hi Chrizty, welcome to GW and if you need help, we are all willing to help ! I took it slow, and got use to one of two forums for several months, and then I branched out...so take your time !

Glad to have you join in with us addicted gardeners...and hope to enable you soon..LOL

Kym

Bookmark   April 9, 2008 at 1:54PM
jaleeisa(6b Oklahoma)

Welcome Chrizty! Take a look around, browse a few member pages and look up anything that looks interesting, that's what I did to build my wants list :) I know I've got some Money plant, at least a few seeds to share :) Get with me with a list of a few other things you'd like to have and I'd be happy to show you how to do a SASBE, or as Sue likes to call it a BEAP (bubble envelope and postage ) I think you'll enjoy yourself here!

Kathy

Bookmark   April 9, 2008 at 3:03PM
chrizty

thanks for the welcomes, your all very helpful.

thanks

Bookmark   April 10, 2008 at 11:57AM
chrizty

kathy i think i just sent you a e-mail, it said message sent. lol hope it worked lol

Bookmark   April 10, 2008 at 12:24PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Morning Glory tie dye blue
I have added some freshly harvested seeds to my trade...
strmywthr3
HAVE: Newbie Seed Project 2015! packs available
the generous donations keep coming in. Right now, I...
bakemom_gw
Wanted: Shashito and Habanero pepper seeds.
Let me know what you are interested in and I will send...
gardenprincess
Need vege seeds to get me started
In search of vegetable seeds. Kale,spinach,radishes,etc...
dkkemp
HAVE: seed - will trade for post cards
if you are looking for seed but have little trade I...
woodsidetrader
Sponsored Products
Poultry Shield
$6.99 | zulily
Laconia Swing Arm Wall Sconce
Lightology
Monroe Medallion Outdoor Area Rug
$479.00 | FRONTGATE
Retro Cream and Sugar Set
$18.99 | Dot & Bo
Serena & Lily Harrington Floor Lamp
Serena & Lily