what's your favorite small hand garden tool?

lindaruzicka(Z6 PA)May 13, 2008

I was thinking about this when I was using mine this morning. What's everyone's favorite hand garden tool? Mine has to be a combination hoe and cultivator on a hand tool size handle. That baby can whack through about anything! Jeff bought it for me about 2 years ago and I just love it!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Got a pic? I think I need one...and likely everything I don't already have.
I'll have to ponder just exactly which one is my favorite...there are quite a few of them.

A friend has this wonderful digging tool with a long handle. She nor I nor anyone else knows just exactly what it is. I hope later today to get a pic of it when I go to see her, so I can get a name and then hopefully find me one. We're going on a wildflower dig, and it is just the berries to dig in the wild, being assured of getting all the roots that are deep.

Sue

Bookmark   May 13, 2008 at 12:40PM
lindaruzicka(Z6 PA)

I don't at the moment but when my daughter gets back tomorrow, I can have her take a pic of it. I really like it..I use it for about everything!

Bookmark   May 13, 2008 at 1:53PM
medontdo(8)

so far its my mom's small shovel thingi. you can carry it everywhere. but this year, i guess it has to be my shovel. the rest i can do with my hands!!!! LOL one of these day's i'm gonna go shopping for a real handtool!! like a real person does!!! LOL **laughing at me** LOL

Bookmark   May 13, 2008 at 10:31PM
agirlsgirl(6 SW-PA)

No favorites here,seems like they all serve their purpose in individual ways. The one I use most though is my long handled trowel,so nice and easy on the wrists! :)

Bookmark   May 14, 2008 at 10:27AM
daffodillady(7b/8a central AL)

My heavy-duty kitchen shears....good for cutting, poking, prying, scrunching, scooping, packing and a little light tapping....although usually not all at the same time....LOL!!

Bookmark   May 16, 2008 at 11:28PM
More Discussions
Let's Regroup! How About a Roll Call for GW Seed Exchangers?
We can stay in touch if we post our old GW username...
katjaqu
Have: Fr Marigolds, Grandpa Ott
Have French marigolds multicolored Queen Sofia, Grandpa...
gardenlover77. zn6 NY
wanting Armenian Cucumber
Does anyone have this to trade? I have other veggie...
jen_frazier
HAVE : Different backgrounds and improved viewing of this site!
some of us gw webbers have been creating different...
leila hamaya
Looking to trade
Let say that I'm not liking this new format at all....
mori1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™