A special thanks to Coffeemom and everyone else who donated seeds

EcopalMay 6, 2012

Hey Everybody, with the seed and rusty tool drive coming to a close I just want to thank everybody who donated. I just got word from the founder of The Urban Paradise Guild and he told me that we just got the seeds from those who donated though the mail. But I want to give special thanks to Coffeemom . To my complete surprise she showed up at north campus with seeds, plants and without even being asked donated ten dollars to the organization. When I told her how surprised I was that somebody actually showed up in person she smiled and said we gardeners need to stick together. VERY CLASSY LADY. Overall we did pretty well. Surprisingly Hialeah campus which is smaller did better than North campus which is way bigger. We just got a grant that will allow us to start a small worm farm for the organization and to help plant the seeds. I think we will begin during the summer when the nursery in Amelia Earhart Park opens. And again my thanks to all of you for making this happen.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska(5)

Thank you for sharing your story and the results. Post again to share any good news!
Heidi

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 9:45AM
More Discussions
HAVE: Morning Glory tie dye blue
I have added some freshly harvested seeds to my trade...
strmywthr3
Looking to find home for seeds and do some swapping ^.^
I can't resist a good buy so at the end of the summer...
lunar_owl
WANTED: postage for bubble mailers
Today I mailed a bubble envelope with seeds that was...
southerngardening24
Wanted: Hyacinth Bean Vine seeds
Does anyone have any they can share? Take a look at...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
Wanted: Shashito and Habanero pepper seeds.
Let me know what you are interested in and I will send...
gardenprincess
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™