Mix seeds in a bag what do you think?

meadowgarden(zone 6 NY Longisland)June 6, 2008

I was in Homedepo the other day. i saw a very very BIG box of mixed shaded plant seeds. and a Very BIG box of Zinnas. (mix colors) should I trust and buy or do you think its a BIG Box of weeds?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Hi Meadow,

If you check the box, you will see that it is seeds in a planting medium of sorts that makes it easier to scatter the seeds. It might tell what percent is seeds and what percent is 'other' ingredients...but most importantly of all, it should tell how large of an area to cover.

I have been meaning to mention to you that you don't have an actual email link on your member page...and often members do not notice it elsewhere on the page. Also, the way you have it set up now, if you respond to someone's thread, and they get a follow up email, chances are they will not be able to then just 'reply' to the email, but instead, will have to hunt of the thread and then find your addy.

I'm a really big stickler for members having the link on their member page...as it is most convenient for members to reach one another.

While it is your choice if you want to post your email addy for 'ALL' to see, it would be best if you would check the box on the Profile Preferences, to allow members to email you via the site here.
Clear as mud...feel free to email if you have any questions.

Sue...resident busy body on Member Page email link patrol

Bookmark   June 6, 2008 at 9:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dorisl(5)

Hi!

I was looking at a similar box of petunias. The box said it had 20,000 seeds. I googled seed weights and found that 20,000 petunia seeds weighed a ridiculously small amount, like an ounch or slightly more or less.

The box of 20,000 petunia seeds was big enough for three pounds of cookies.

Its probably not a box of weeds, or a box of zinnias, its a box of vermiculite.

Really, you could do tons better by trading seeds on the exchange page. I once got an envelope FULL of marigold seeds for a couple stamps, and it didnt need a three pound box of coodies to hold it. (waving at greenthumbs10 if she's out there).

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 11:39AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Green Envy zinnias
My daughter has a passion for flowers, she's 12 and...
sunsetfarm
thanks mcc371
OK this is for mcc371 , i could not figure out your...
tergrov
Will anyone have fresh hellebore seeds soon?
Hi everybody, I'd like to trade for some fresh Hellebore...
vaflowernut
Using bubble envelopes
Please, please, please, use bubble envelopes when shipping...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
Search Trade Lists
Any ideas how we search all trade lists for a specific...
shanon_
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™