Newbie question in regards to trade

countrycarolyn(6-7nwTN)June 7, 2009

Ok, I have been in a trade with someone we both agreed to what we wanted to trade for (I think I am in the trade with someone fairly new as well, not as new as me though). I sent off my part of the trade a few extras since I knew what I was getting was very rare. How long do I wait??

She said she was mailing the package over a week agao. I emailed back to find she hasnt mailed it yet, she also states she hasnt gotten mine, which I dont buy since I have sent out a few SASBE offered from very generous people, and I have already got them back.

So what are the proper steps to take?? Should I just be patient?? Should I send a email and say I will be putting our transaction on the rate and review (lol ha ha in other ways saying if you stiff me everyone will know)??

Any and all advice will be great. I am starting to think I should of traded with someone of more experiece on GW that would be willing to help a newbie like myself.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilly1029(8La.)

Hi Countrycarolyn, first off welcome to the forum, and secondly, i would give her another week, sometimes life gets in the way, then i would rate her, we have i'm sure i have been stiffed and or forgoten about,allso email them back in a week, maybe this will help, lilly.

Bookmark   June 7, 2009 at 12:36PM
countrycarolyn(6-7nwTN)

Thanks lilly, I really enjoy this forum I have learned so much and hope I have contributed some of my knowledge.

I guess I am just eager cause this one is a rareity, I will give her more time, and cross my fingers in the meantime lol. Thanks, Carolyn

Bookmark   June 7, 2009 at 1:17PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

she also states she hasnt gotten mine, which I dont buy since I have sent out a few SASBE offered from very generous people, and I have already got them back.
It is possible though that she has not received it yet, as occasionally a bubble with show up weeks or even months after being mailed, or even never show up. Thankfully that does not happen all that often though. I once received an envy that had been sent about a month earlier...no idea where it had been lost along the way.

She said she was mailing the package over a week agao.
I try instead to say that I hope, or I plan to mail on such and such date, so I am not committed in concrete to get it out, in case too much life gets in the way and I don't get to it.

I would give them a bit more time, and some more emails. and then maybe mention that you will be posting the details of the trade on Rate and Review. As I said, things do get lost, but if that is the case, it will be a warning to others that there 'might' be a problem, and that there is 'really' a problem if the member just quits responding.

Just try and keep the review to the details though, as things 'do' get lost' and computers do crash (and all emails lost) and Internet Service providers, do go out...mine used to go out on a pretty regular basis. Some 'newer' members too, maybe aren't as good at searching and finding threads they had posted to, and finding their way around GW. Feel free to email me with anything you might not want to mention here.

Sue...resident busy body.

Bookmark   June 8, 2009 at 8:45AM
countrycarolyn(6-7nwTN)

I did a little research in the meantime, looks as mail is slow to get to her. I think someone had actually sent her something priority mail and it took 5 days to get to her. I hope thats the case cause she seems very nice, and she always answers my emails right away. I figured I would email her later on this afternoon giving time for the mail to run today and see what happens. I can only hope for the best.

Bookmark   June 8, 2009 at 11:27AM
dorisl(5)

A week is pretty soon to be getting stressed out.

I feel your pain tho! Im always anxious to get my envy's out and more anxious to get them back in. The important thing is that she is communicating with you and being nice aobut it and everything.

Id say if 6 weeks go by and you havent heard anything and arent satisfied with the communication, then come back and talk to us again, K?

Bookmark   June 8, 2009 at 7:14PM
countrycarolyn(6-7nwTN)

Thanks dorisl, I will giver her more time. I did email her back yesterday and kindly put in the email that I would be using the rate and reveiw, I havent heard anything. I will give her a few more days to respond, and just go from there.

Bookmark   June 9, 2009 at 12:10PM
countrycarolyn(6-7nwTN)

I finally received it, they sure took their dear sweet time.

Bookmark   June 25, 2009 at 3:21PM
debbiep_gw

Do you mind me asking who it is?I'm waiting on a package from a somewhat newbie.I've traded twice with her and the first time took awile to but not a month like this time.E-mail me if you don't mind saying who......Debbie

Bookmark   June 28, 2009 at 1:27PM
bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)

Been to a garage sale? Do you know what you are getting? We aren't pros and most of us do our best. I think it's a crap shoot and unless it's abusive (and there are those) you just do your best.

If you are missing seeds, I will help you replace them.

Bookmark   July 1, 2009 at 7:51PM
countrycarolyn(6-7nwTN)

jewelgirl04 she didnt send all that she was suppose to but bakemom u sent me exactly what she was suppose to send me. I guess thats another reason why i got so teary eyed. To think you had no clue.

Bookmark   July 2, 2009 at 10:03PM
More Discussions
HAVE: seed - will trade for post cards
if you are looking for seed but have little trade I...
woodsidetrader
Looking to find home for seeds and do some swapping ^.^
I can't resist a good buy so at the end of the summer...
lunar_owl
Wanted: Columbian Dry Beans
Cargamanto Beans (Phaseolus Vulgaris) are a native...
dciolek
Wanted: White Hummingbird Vine
I have the red version but would like the white. If...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
Have Unique/Rare Commercial Seeds
This is a partial list. Trade only. Echium russicum Corydalis...
kms4me
Sponsored Products
Cosmo Striped Brown Rectangular: 5 ft. x 8 ft. Rug
$180.95 | Bellacor
AICO Furniture - Tuscano Round Dining Table - 34001RND-26
Great Furniture Deal
Shires Equestrian Mini Half Cheek Bit - 6297-3
$26.99 | Hayneedle
Shagadelic Green Chenille Swirl Twist Round: 5 Ft. x 5 Ft. Rug
$111.95 | Bellacor
Shires Equestrian Stable Mate and Fork Set - 994-BLACK
$24.99 | Hayneedle
36" Tullford Vanity for Semi-Recessed Sink - Cherry
Signature Hardware
Royal-Pedic Natural Organic Mattress and Box Spring Set Multicolor - 650IT NATUR
Hayneedle
AICO Furniture - Beverly Blvd 7 Piece Upholstered Eastern King...
Great Furniture Deal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™