has anyone else......

lindaruzicka(Z6 PA)June 10, 2009

has anyone else gotten to the "gee, I don't remember planting this!" point? Also the "hmmm..wonder what this is?"..."G"

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
medontdo(8)

ya, but mostly because, i dont' want to send bad seeds, so what i do is put all of my seed in a bowl and throw them in a bed, so most generally i have absolutely have no idea what is in there!! LOL but i absolutely love that!! **grin** so i am always wondering what in the heck is in there!! LOL when i don't wonder, i know that i "know" too much!! LOL ~Medo

Bookmark   June 10, 2009 at 11:06PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Also the "hmmm..wonder what this is?"

I'm doing that, but in established beds as opposed to containers. I have just recently gotten a chance to do some serious weeding in a couple of very weedy flower beds.

I 'think' there 'might' be several pink butterfly bush seedlings, so have carefully weeded and worked around them...will have to take them up later.

I also found a really unique purple leafed something at the edge of the bed, unlike anything else I have anywhere...will have to move or pot that up too.

Then there is something that might be pink butterfly weed, or maybe a short yellow primrose (that I love) that has never reseeded. I guess only time will tell.

Boy things are wet here, with more rain expected these next several days. As I get a small area weeded, I plan to get the corn gluten meal (seed germination suppressant) down so the weeds won't start coming up again soon before the mulch gets spread.

Sue

Bookmark   June 11, 2009 at 8:46AM
medontdo(8)

i am so jealous of the gardeners who have them!! LOL one day i will!! just not this year **grin** i think it will be my goal for next year. ~Medo

Bookmark   June 11, 2009 at 9:33PM
lindaruzicka(Z6 PA)

I have some things I'm "watching" in a couple of beds..I haven't a clue what they are yet...I think that's one of the more fun aspects of gardening!

Bookmark   June 12, 2009 at 3:34PM
token28001(zone7b NC)

I passed that point a few months ago. I'm now currently thinking, there is NO WAY I PLANTED ALL THIS!!!!!!

Bookmark   June 20, 2009 at 5:31PM
medontdo(8)

yes, then we went on vacation, came back and guesse what?? yep! hubs forgot to water ALL the plants, so i wondered where ALL my babies are, soooo what if they looked like weeds to him, they didn't to my and talla's fairies,and the butterflies. LOL so now i have 2 huge vacant beds!!! but wait till my rhodies and oleanders root, Lord i hope they root!! then i'll have enough to fill 2 beds!! i have a lemon and orange tree clipping and a plumb tree clipping i got all from cali. i hope they also root! (praying) ~Medo

Bookmark   July 12, 2009 at 12:33AM
More Discussions
Have: New Large List
I have just posted an update seed list I have up for...
LullabyF360
Want: Great White tomato. Have: tomatoes (list inside)
I had a trade for some Great White seeds, but it looks...
muffypuffie
Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 5
Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 5 we came from here: Adopt-A-Newbie...
leila hamaya
Updated trade list.
Would love to exchange seeds. Check out my exchange...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
wanting Armenian Cucumber
Does anyone have this to trade? I have other veggie...
jen_frazier
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™