Yes Virginia, There IS a Plant-a-claus...

kms4meJuly 9, 2009

I've been offline for a while now... My computer finally died. Completely. Totally. She's been on her last legs for a long time, a few years. Though I knew she would go some time, she was such a trooper, I kind of thought she and I would limp along indefinitely, burning brightly, then shutting down without warning, only to rally the next hour, if not then the next day. But Lulu the Emachine finally booted for the last time.

Another computer was not in the budget. Underemployment, a soft spot in the roof, then the water pump took a lightening strike and was a whopping $900 to replace... You know, LIFE.

I had my annual plant sale which went well, but I had several plants left over, which I always try to give to charity. I called a friend and asked if her church would like a donation of free plants. She said no, but called me back that same night to say her son, a computer geek for Target corporation, had recently bought a house on five acres and would trade me a computer for my leftover plants. He came with a small trailer and got them, and loaned me a laptop until he has my computer ready. We talked about what my needs are, and he will have it early next week.

I was going to compost the plants... I cannot believe it.

This feels like a July Christmas to me, so Thank you, Great Plant-a-claus.

I just had to share this... I am so happy!

Kate

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindaruzicka(Z6 PA)

WOW! That it amazing! What great story with a happyending!!

Bookmark   July 9, 2009 at 8:02AM
bigred(z8 Ark.)

Kate...YAY! Welcome back. I went without a computer for sevearl months a couple of years ago so I feel your pain.

Peggy

Bookmark   July 9, 2009 at 8:08AM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Oh Kate, that is so wonderful. Isn't it strange yet wonderful how so many things work themselves out? That is so great that you connected with a computer geek needing plants. May you have a long and wonderful friendship meeting one another's needs.

Now...to find that variegated aralia. Then you would have 2 Christmases in July.

Sue...chemocurl

Bookmark   July 9, 2009 at 11:12AM
kms4me

Thanks everyone!

Sue, if I found the variegated aralia I think I would be afraid I'd died and gone to heaven.

More good news... Husband is back to work full time plus will have overtime next month. So to celebrate, we are off for a quick, cheap camping vacation in the Michigan Upper Penninsula, one of my favorite places on earth.

Take care everyone!

Kate

Bookmark   July 9, 2009 at 3:07PM
remy_gw

Kate,
That's great! You just never know about the crazy turns life takes. It is great that your husband is back to work too!
Enjoy that vacation,
Remy

Bookmark   July 9, 2009 at 7:55PM
medontdo(8)

as my brother always says God is good!! mine is, sometimes, it just takes him some time to find me!! **onery grin** LOL i'm just soooooo short in this huge world!!! LOL
i'm so happy for you!! it's great that everything worked out! i hope that you have a great time on your vacation!! :')

Bookmark   July 9, 2009 at 11:25PM
More Discussions
HAVE: My lists are updated! Mostly flowers. Let's trade!
All lists are updated except for the "Have Plants"...
lisa_1968
Herb & Edible Flower Round Robin Swap
Inviting everyone to join my Herb & Edible Flower...
EricaBraun
WANTED: postage for bubble mailers
Today I mailed a bubble envelope with seeds that was...
southerngardening24
Need vege seeds to get me started
In search of vegetable seeds. Kale,spinach,radishes,etc...
dkkemp
HAVE: seed - will trade for post cards
if you are looking for seed but have little trade I...
woodsidetrader
Sponsored Products
LA Baby Natural III Coco/Organic Cotton Crib Mattress - 4900COCOBN
$138.99 | Hayneedle
Green Small Bucket Planter/Vase
$9.99 | zulily
Warwick 1Lt Wall / Bath a Autumn Bronze
$62.73 | PLFixtures
Ellera Chrome 21.5-Inch Wide Semi-Flushmount w/ Opal Glass and Clear Crystals
$292.00 | Bellacor
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: FANMATS Rugs Minnesota Twins 5 ft. x 6
Home Depot