Do you read the 'What's New on Garden Web' banner?

Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)July 29, 2009

I know a lot of members didn't like it always opening with each page so GW made it collapsible.

So....did you read the Red alert about posting being down sometime this afternoon?...(tbd- times to be determined yet).

If there are problems with GW do you think to check the What's New for info? I don't collapse it, as it has never bothered me, since I have 'sort of' high speed.

Sue...heading out to cut brush and spray

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
littleonefb

Hey Sue,

Welcome back to posting again, we've missed you.

Do I read the "what's new on Garden Web banner?

Yup, always do. have learned from experience that is where we are alerted to problems going on and info that we should be aware of. Like the one that is posted right now.

Very cute wording to it too, I might add.

"UPDATE: Wednesday, 12:00 ET: Who let the garden gnomes out? The partying got out of hand last night and they managed to bring down one of our servers. The Gnome Hunters have been deployed, but will need to turn off all posting for a few hours this afternoon (time tbd). Ouch -- that hurts, we know! Stay tuned for further updates. Same Bat Time, same Bat Channel!"

Fran

Bookmark   July 29, 2009 at 2:41PM
medontdo(8)

yup, hubs pc has a thing where you can't block it out. i did like that wording! shows they have humour!! **grin**
i like your pup, i lost the page, did you find it a home?
tabor is going to school this year, he is so excited, all for football, **grin** but talla will still be homeschooled. ~Medo

Bookmark   July 29, 2009 at 4:15PM
jaynine

no, (almost ) never. the first thing i do is collapse it, although the red writing made it impossible for me not to read it today.

Bookmark   July 29, 2009 at 6:35PM
jim_6b(TN)

I do.
jim_6b

Bookmark   July 29, 2009 at 10:01PM
jim_6b(TN)

I read a post the other day and couldn't help but laugh. I apologize if it was someone here. They were complaining about the back button not working and was asking if anyone else was having the same problem. Right above their post was the 'What's New on Garden Web' banner explaining there was a problem with the back button.
jim_6b

Bookmark   August 16, 2009 at 6:00PM
More Discussions
Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 5
Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 5 we came from here: Adopt-A-Newbie...
leila hamaya
Have to trade
Large Barred Boar Tomato seeds
riggson3
thanks mcc371
OK this is for mcc371 , i could not figure out your...
tergrov
omphalodes cappadocia 'Starry Eyes "
Would like to receive this lovely plant's seeds if...
Patty57
Let's Regroup! How About a Roll Call for GW Seed Exchangers?
We can stay in touch if we post our old GW username...
katjaqu
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™