Do we have moderators?

annikasmommykateJuly 26, 2012

I received an e-mail from someone who is brand new on the boards requesting free seeds. Is there someone I can report this to? They have also posted in (at least one that I saw )a thread requesting free seeds. I posted a link in that thread to the Special Instructions link, but I am really uncomfortable with the fact that this person completely cold e-mailed me asking for free seeds.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
littleonefb

yes we do have moderators for all the forums.

At the bottom of any of the pages on GW you will see a contact us link. click on it and go from there to report what you want to report.

Please do remember though, whether you want to trade with someone, send them free seeds by way of BEAP. SASBE etc. is always up to you. If you don't want to participate with that member you don't have to and you don't have to give a reason either. that choice is always there.

I'm not comfortable with cold emails either and I NEVER RESPOND TO "BEGGARS", when they post for free seeds in any way.

The only way to really attempt to stop that kind of post is to ignore them and report them to the GW mods. Unfortunately, there are members that respond right away with offers for the free seeds.

If it where me, I would ignore the "cold email" and report the posts that is breaking the rules of GW seed exchange.

Hope this helps

Fran

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 6:00PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

I received an e-mail from someone who is brand new on the boards requesting free seeds.
I got the same email, and just deleted it. I was going to point him to the link below that tells how to look for and respond to the many 'Seeds for Postage' offers but didn't. I'm way behind on about everything, including answering emails...sigh.

Sue...rbb

Here is a link that might be useful: 2nd reply covers Seeds for Postage offers

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 12:24PM
love2gardennc

Is this the email you received 'do you have any seeds i may have free'. I received this email in the past couple of days and when I emailed back 'Not at this time' I received a follow up offering two seeds from my wants list (one newly offered by a reputable company this year) for ones I have to trade. This is someone new to the boards and though I have no right to my doubts I still have them. I guess I have just been scammed enough over the years to be too trusting with to good to be true sounding offers.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 10:35PM
More Discussions
Let's Regroup! How About a Roll Call for GW Seed Exchangers?
We can stay in touch if we post our old GW username...
katjaqu
Not giving up yet
Hi , look at my trade list ,if you have something I...
tergrov
Requests for Houzz
Houzz, Please fix your app for smartphones to allow...
kchd
Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 5
Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 5 we came from here: Adopt-A-Newbie...
leila hamaya
hardy hibiscus
Does anyone have hardy hibiscus seeds they would share...
Sophie Harding
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™