what bug is this on my jasmine???

medontdo(8)July 26, 2008

i sprayed them all off, but still!! and i checked ALLLLLL of the others, LOL ~Medo

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graanieb

Medo, hard to tell from the picture-can't enlarge it..are the caterpillars striped black/gold-green and white? If so, they are to turn into Monarch Butterfly, milkweed being their favorite host plant, also Passion vine-in here anyway. I think you'd already know it, but never can be sure, took me years to realize what was eating my parsley weren't just any caterpillars, I was geting rid of future butterflies, oh well, garden and learn.----Bea

Bookmark   July 27, 2008 at 2:50PM
scottrell(10AFl)

Hey!! Is it aphids? Aphids come in many different colors, and they like many different plants. They will totally stress out your plants. You can spray them off with soapy water. Sometimes I squish em with my fingers! gross I know, but I hate chemicals, cuz they kill good bugs too - Sha

Bookmark   July 27, 2008 at 5:58PM
agirlsgirl(6 SW-PA)

I was thinking the same as Sharon medo,looks like a clump of green aphids to me. I do it just like Sharon....squish!

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 2:00PM
graanieb

On second look they don't resemble caterpillars at all...you might be right, could be aphids, I just never seen them anywhere on milkweed except the tips , among the buds. Nothing wrong squishing them with gloved hands and spraying with soapy water.

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 6:29PM
More Discussions
Want: Great White tomato. Have: tomatoes (list inside)
I had a trade for some Great White seeds, but it looks...
muffypuffie
Updated trade list.
Would love to exchange seeds. Check out my exchange...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
Have Commercial seed for trade
All offered seeds are commercial, most will arrive...
Frances Coffill
Have: Updated Seed List
Wow...was I surprised about the change! And without...
Matthew Condon - Indiana.Matt - IN, Zone 5/6
Seeking Daturas Double and/or Triple
Any color. My trade list is posted.
gardenlover77. zn6 NY
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™