Dan the Serial Gardener

proudgm_03(6 MO)July 17, 2008

So Dan, have you completely eradicated (killed, rubbed out, silenced, murdered, etc.)your yard yet? I'm curious as to how it is going as the thought has crossed my mind a time or two.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dan_the_mailman

Yes, the lawn is gone, dead, kaput, eradicated, and most assuredly absent! LOL! Now, where the grass once grew, I have extended my perennial garden with salvia, hollyhocks, and foxglove along my trailer. I'm also growing corn, cukes, tomatos, and peppers, along with raspberries and various flowers. The lawn is gone, but the garden grows!

I gave my lawn mower to my father, and haven't missed it one moment this summer.

-Dan, S.G.

Bookmark   July 19, 2008 at 10:37PM
proudgm_03(6 MO)

If only I could convince DH to do away with the lawn. Haven't seen you posting much. Miss your lively and entertaining discussions.

Bookmark   July 20, 2008 at 7:59AM
ncgardengirl

Dan you sound like my kind of guy, I have ALWAYS said when I have my own place I would NOT have grass. I may have a little sand box area for my doggies, but I hate grass.

I would much rather see color and veggies then green grass, although usually around these parts the grass is brownish b/c of lack of water, so way bother with it anyway. And since there is such a wide variety of drought tolerant plants wouldn't that be better then dying grass anyway?

Dan has been too busy a courtin' to spend time on his puter, from what I hear he spends a lot of time on the phone ;0!!! lol....
:) Fran

Bookmark   July 21, 2008 at 2:53AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Crimson Delight Tomato
Howdy fellow GW/Houzzers. I am on the search for Crimson...
EricaBraun
Want: Great White tomato. Have: tomatoes (list inside)
I had a trade for some Great White seeds, but it looks...
muffypuffie
HAVE : Different backgrounds and improved viewing of this site!
some of us gw webbers have been creating different...
leila hamaya
thanks mcc371
OK this is for mcc371 , i could not figure out your...
tergrov
wanting Armenian Cucumber
Does anyone have this to trade? I have other veggie...
jen_frazier
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™