I have a couple of plants that I am concerned are suffering from chlorosis. The past month or two I've been setting my tap water out overnight to dissipate the chlorine, however I just found out my local water uses chloramine instead of chlorine and that it doesn't dissipate readily.
I have read that activated charcoal filters and reverse osmosis/deionized water can solve the problem but I'm looking for a lazier solution.
My local PUC says the chloramine level is 0.5-3.3 ppm which I think is on the high side. They also say, "If desired, chloramine and ammonia can be completely removed from the water by
boiling; however, it will take 20 minutes of gentle boil to do that." Any opinions on this? I don't mind boiling the water and then leaving out overnight if that is going to be effective.
My other option (easiest for me) is using deionized water from work (I work in a lab.) We have DI water and MilliQ water (ultrapure, type 1) systems. I figure the MilliQ is probably too hypotonic for living things (I know I should just buy a good filter but I am really lazy. I'm also guessing distilled water from the store would be too hypotonic as well...