Potatoes? again...

itzybitzy_gw(7NC)May 9, 2012

So this is kinda embarrasing (dumb question)I have already asked on the companion planting forum with no answer:( So here we go:I am growing taters for the first time in containers:bags/black nursery containers,...they are doing great so far and now I'm trying to decide where to leave them permanently it seems like every single option I have are not good candidate,I have room next to melons,tomatoes,peppers/cabbage,onions.By the way only the potatoes are in containers the rest of the plants are on the ground.Wich one will be a better option or the companion rule apply only when taters are on the ground?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
farmerdill

I have no idea. Potatoes should be maturing shortly, I am starting to dig mine, As the vines die back, you can use the space for something else.

Bookmark   May 9, 2012 at 9:30AM
itzybitzy_gw(7NC)

Farmerdill:D I was wondering about that too I planted mine on March 20,and yesterday I got my hand under the roots of the plants and felt the little potatoes:)I kinda squeal a little bit...Is very exciting for me.Don't want to jinx it but butter and herbs crossed my mind...

Bookmark   May 9, 2012 at 9:43AM
Edymnion(7a)

Just keep them away from peppers and tomatoes. They're all vulnerable to the same pests and diseases, so no point in making those areas more attractive than necessary.

Bookmark   May 9, 2012 at 7:36PM
itzybitzy_gw(7NC)

Thank you,"guys".I'll do that right now Edymnion:)

Bookmark   May 10, 2012 at 12:23PM
More Discussions
Giant Noble Spinach
I started this variety in my grow closet (which is...
thedudefrom1976
Tomatoes in Autumn?
It's late summer, about to be autumn for me, and I...
Heather Riley
ridding tomato cages of septoria leaf spot
It is my understanding that septoria lasts on tomato...
elisa_z5
Tomato cages
I have a large number (40+) tomato cages made from...
drscottr
Can I use grape leaves as mulch?
I have alot of chopped and dried grape vine leaves....
zzackey
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™