anyone know what this plant is???

medontdo(8)August 1, 2009

i got this seed from someone last year, and now it has popped up all over, i don;t mind, its a very pretty plant with pretty foilage, but "what is it"???? **grin** ~Medo

it doesn't really have a smell, and hasn't bloomed yet.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jim_6b(TN)

I might be wrong but I just went outside and looked at my Yvonnes Salvia and it looks like it.
jim_6b

Bookmark   August 1, 2009 at 10:36PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

medont...when you said it didn't have a smell, did you try crushing a few leaves between your fingers?

Jim, Yvonnes Salvia would have a smell if the leaves were crushed, wouldn't it?

Sue

Bookmark   August 2, 2009 at 1:35AM
jim_6b(TN)

Yvonnes Salvia

The leaves on my plants do have a smell but not a strong smell or even one I can describe or compare to other plants.
jim-6b

Bookmark   August 2, 2009 at 10:15AM
medontdo(8)

its smell is kinda greenish, but almost like cut grass, but it has a slight smell that i can't put my hands on. LOL not musky, or even good for that matter, very slight. but mine has more "wrinkles" than yours does, but i'd sure be happy if it was the yvonnes; salvia!! i did grow it last year and have seen no sign of it this year. :'( i sure did like it. i thought it reminded me of some kinda lobster plant the way it first comes out. LOL i was simply amazed by its growth. :') ~Medo

Bookmark   August 3, 2009 at 7:14PM
luvsgrtdanes

Medo my first thought was also salvia of some sort...

Bookmark   August 3, 2009 at 9:20PM
medontdo(8)

mine has blue on it, can it possibly be a gargantua?? (sp) it goes all the way up to 5' tall so far!! crazy thing!!! its definately a salvia! ~medo

Bookmark   September 20, 2009 at 11:01PM
stage_rat(5--Indiana Riviera)

Maybe it's Black and Blue salvia? Which is guaranitica.

Take a look at the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: maybe...

Bookmark   September 22, 2009 at 12:12PM
medontdo(8)

yep, that'd be her!! she's def her!! she's all over the place!! **huge smile!!** i would love some other colors besides blue, like pink, yellow and orange!! **grin** in this, ohhh and white!! now if that's a possibility i'd be as happy as a lark!! LOL **big smile**

~medo

Bookmark   September 22, 2009 at 12:26PM
debbiep_gw

Medo,do you remember whom you got the seeds from?I know we traded alot last year and I have a salvia that blooms blue and grows 6ft tall or so and is everywhere and I mean everywhere.Mine is not the black/blue salvia though.I have that to and its never reseeds itself.Anyway my salvia is unidentified as the tag was lost.Your plant looks like mine.

Bookmark   September 22, 2009 at 1:41PM
medontdo(8)

hmmmm.....i would say idon't remember, but i remember sending an sasbe to a lady who has a R&R. i think maybe either blue bedder or victoria?? i'll go and see the rates i've left and see if one sticks out! LOL ~medo

Bookmark   September 22, 2009 at 1:57PM
medontdo(8)

no one stuck out. ya, i agree, mine are all over the place here. i have several in the front bed, several in the back yard, several in the side bed, and some that popped up in the barrel for the garlic chives. i left them to see what they were.now that i know, i've been pulling them all excep where i truely want them!! **big smile** mine are definatly taller than me, i'm only 5'3. **grin** ~medo

Bookmark   September 22, 2009 at 7:03PM
More Discussions
thanks mcc371
OK this is for mcc371 , i could not figure out your...
tergrov
HAVE 10 Key Lime Seeds to TRADE
I decided I do not have the patience, space or interest...
rubyhum
HAVE : Different backgrounds and improved viewing of this site!
some of us gw webbers have been creating different...
leila hamaya
Have to trade
Large Barred Boar Tomato seeds
riggson3
wanting Armenian Cucumber
Does anyone have this to trade? I have other veggie...
jen_frazier
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™