primrose

medontdo(8)August 14, 2009

so i'm thinking of primrose as this little plant, maybe 6 inches tall, or a foot. Right?? well out in my yard all summer long i have this monster of a plant with really pretty little yellow flowers on it, i can't really place it. so i'm thinking i'll put a pic on gw and see what they say it is, but i think it might be a huge primrose. nah that can't be. so i look it up. they get to be 5' tall. OMGoodness!! this baby is that no problem!! its taller than me, (which isn't saying much!! LOL) and as wide as it is tall!! boy!! i shoulda done my homework on this baby!! **big smile** seems i love the big and bushy plants!! LOL now i just want all the other primroses!! **big smile** ~Medo

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Hi Medo!

Is this, Oenothera biennis your primrose? It is a lovely native.

A friend had a plant and didn't know what it was, but she said it was yellow and the blooms opened each eve at exactly the same time. She and some of her neighbors gathered with their lawn chairs each eve, to watch the buds open.....(life in a small town, huh? Gotta do something for entertainment and excitement...lol)

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Native range is most all states

Bookmark   August 19, 2009 at 8:52AM
More Discussions
Have: New Large List
I have just posted an update seed list I have up for...
LullabyF360
Looking to trade
Let say that I'm not liking this new format at all....
mori1
KatJaqu's GardenWeb Exchange Page
Seeds I have to trade: Autumn Rainbow Earth Tone Dent...
katjaqu
Have: Fr Marigolds, Grandpa Ott
Have French marigolds multicolored Queen Sofia, Grandpa...
gardenlover77. zn6 NY
HAVE: Over 400 Varieties of Tomato Seeds
***To everyone that responded to my original post back...
kbreezy27
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™