my post

farmingvillefarmer(East Coast zone 7)August 27, 2008

please if anyone here gets the chance can you see my post under the growing under lights forum. So far the people in this forum are very helpful. Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Farmingvillefarmer's Post

FYi...going forward, it is best to post such things on the Conversation side of the forum here, as the Discussion side is for actual trading only. Sometimes GW will move non trade posts over to the Conversation Side here. The link to (off Topic) Conversations, is just above the list of all the threads.

If you don't find your threads, just check the Conversation side.

Glad you find the forum folks helpful.

Sue...resident busy body

Bookmark   August 27, 2008 at 7:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agirlsgirl(6 SW-PA)

Hi! Me again! I just had my first growing under lights experience this past winter. It was awesome! All I used was regular old shop lights,one warm and one cold. I bought those reflective blankets you can buy in sporting goods,lined my shelves,top and bottom and wrapped it around the whole unit. I left it so it could be opened in the front. Also,you will need a fan,I put mine in such a way that it could blow upward up one side of the unit.It made for great circulation. It was also suggested to use an osculating fan in the room. Another piece of advise I got was to sterilize your soilless seed starting mix,I used pro mix. I was also advised to use a peroxide solution to mist the flats/plants,1 tablespoon water to quart spray bottle. I dont know if it had anything to do with it or not,but I suffered no damp off or bug problems! Also,keep the lights within 2-4 inches of the plants,it prevents them from getting lanky. I did everything I was advised to do and I had great results. Good luck! :)

Bookmark   August 27, 2008 at 7:22PM
More Discussions
Wanted: Bush cucumber variety
I was hoping to find a type of cucumber I could plant...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
HAVE : Different backgrounds and improved viewing of this site!
some of us gw webbers have been creating different...
leila hamaya
wanting Armenian Cucumber
Does anyone have this to trade? I have other veggie...
jen_frazier
Want: Sorrel Have: Thai holy Basil for trade
I love to trade Sorrel, Large Leaf or any type of Sorrel...
pat44th
HAVE: Newbie Seed Project 2015! packs available
the generous donations keep coming in. Right now, I...
bakemom_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™