Growing ferns from spores--Help wanted

kms4meSeptember 17, 2009

I sent out lots of fern spores the last couple of years and emailed detailed information I'd written on how to grow them. Unfortunately I lost everything when my computer died, and I am hoping that someone out there has the information and can send it back to me so I can share it with others.

Thanks in advance,

Kate

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
medontdo(8)

i was hoping that someone had answered you by now, but this is what i had found on the net, and it is not what you had sent i'm sure, but this is close to what someone had sent to me,
i finally got organized after losing all my info in my hp, (which i will never buy again) and started laminating all my important info and putting it in an 3 ring binder. well so far its recipes, and household cleaners. i dislike spending a fortune on buying cleaner when i can make them. (grin) so here's the link to the site i found close to the instructions i got. hope it helps
~medo

http://www.home.aone.net.au/~byzantium/ferns/growing.html

Bookmark   September 19, 2009 at 12:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kms4me

Thanks Medo, for the info. I will check it out.

My information was stuff I wrote myself--my version of 'Growing Ferns for Dummies' as a lot of what I'd found in books and on the net was overly-technical and confusing, at least to me. I'd also added stuff I'd learned first-hand through screwing up the process several times.

Still hoping someone out there will reply,

Kate

Bookmark   September 21, 2009 at 12:09PM
More Discussions
messaging help please
I read Philis' post about messaging and I thought I...
vaflowernut 6b sw va.
Requests for Houzz
Houzz, Please fix your app for smartphones to allow...
kchd
Have Commercial seed for trade
All offered seeds are commercial, most will arrive...
Frances Coffill
Have: Updated Seed List
Wow...was I surprised about the change! And without...
Matthew Condon - Indiana.Matt - IN, Zone 5/6
WANTED: Green Envy zinnias
My daughter has a passion for flowers, she's 12 and...
sunsetfarm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™