Suggestion.........for Sue and GW

graaniebSeptember 17, 2009

Hoping everyone's well, probably like me... busy with ( near ) fall clean-ups and seed storing and preparing of packets.

I was wondering if there is such a site here I'm not aware of..where we could post descriptions, even better, with pictures, of the plants/flowers we have gotten thru GW names, with the names of their sources????

I think we'd all love it!!!!!

Just knowing our seeds/plants are doing well and appreciated out there makes us smile and pics would add even more.

What do you say Sue?

Now that I've learned how to post pics.

Best wishes, enjoy your gardens,

Bea

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
medontdo(8)

ohhh kinda like dave's has. i dont know. i've never even thought to look and see. that would be just great to see the pics of flowers/plants!! and have a face to them!! ~medo

Bookmark   September 18, 2009 at 9:06PM
graanieb

Hey Michelle, there is a garden gallery, but I haven't seen more here nor at Dave's ( great to get info on plants), yes glad you agree, such site would make us all proud- for sending/sharing and growing, good to see success stories. Our names would be enough, but I'd make pics optional.

Bea

Bookmark   September 18, 2009 at 9:56PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Hi Bea,

GW has The Garden Gallery here. Just hover cursor over Photo Galleries in the green banner at the top of the page and then choose Garden Galleries

There are numerous galleries then to choose from to post your pics. I was thinking of maybe posting pics of what I have received from members in the Prized Flowers gallery, and then post others I have acquired elsewhere in the Summer Beauty gallery.
One doesn't even have to know how to post pics, as you just browse and upload it from your computer. You can then give your pic a name, and post comments about it in the comment section...like who it came from, grown from seed, the year acquired, etc

Is that maybe what you had in mind?

I just tried to post a pic, and was told it was either too big, or wasn't in the proper format (jpg, jpeg, etc). I'll have to try playing with it sometime later.

oh...one can then do a search at the gallery and bring up all the pics one has posted, but it will include all pics from all galleries I just did a search on gwtamara, and her pics came up, but I can't post a link to them...sigh. What's up with that?

Sue

Bookmark   September 19, 2009 at 12:50PM
graanieb

Hi Sue, what I'm thinking ---a site with a name that'd instantly attract our attention on the subject of seeing pictures of plants we've gotten thru GW.
Something like:
KEEPSAKES ACQUIRED THRU GARDEN WEB
or
GARDEN IMAGES-IT ALL STARTED ON GW
or
PICTURES OF FAVORITES WE GOT FROM GARDEN WEB PALS
or
your own or check suggestions Sue made, thank you Sue.

Feels good outside, wish it'd last ...forever.

Bea

Bookmark   September 20, 2009 at 2:29PM
More Discussions
I need seeds for my new garden!!
Hello. My name is Julie and I love gardening, we moved...
maxjulie20
Let's Regroup! How About a Roll Call for GW Seed Exchangers?
We can stay in touch if we post our old GW username...
katjaqu
New template to determine postage
I've designed my own template. It's a piece of plywood...
jim_6b
Want: Clitoria ternatea Butterfuly Pea Double Blue & Barbara's Buttons
I would really like to trade for 2014/2015 seeds of...
ruthz
looking for streptocarpus seed
Hi guys, first time on this forum, but was a regular...
whisst
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™