Survey

Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)September 13, 2008

I'm curious to know just what percentage of members are being correctly charged.

1...What percentage of the time does your PO charge correctly, in your opinion?

2...Has your PO informed you that 3 stamps are required if you are mailing a BE from your home?

My answers

1...Charges correctly 100% of the time.

2...NO. I can mail from my residence with 83 cents for a 1 OZ BE with no concern.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindaruzicka(Z6 PA)

my post office charges me correctly and will even give me advice on how to send cheaper.

I can mail from my house with two stamps on a 1oz BE

Bookmark   September 13, 2008 at 9:12PM
grovespirit(Zone 9)

1..Charges correctly 100% of the time, and they have also encouraged me to mail certain unevenly thick 1 oz letters (containing a partial BE) for .62

2...NO. I can mail from my residence with 62 cents for a 1 OZ BE with no concern, as long as it's a small BE (11.5" x5" or smaller, and under 1/4" thick).

1 oz BEs with larger dimensions than 11.5" x 5", or BEs that are over 1/4" thick, usually cost .83 to mail from my residence. But sometimes these same exact items that cost .83 from my residence cost just .62 at my PO!!

Bookmark   September 14, 2008 at 11:58AM
debbiep_gw

I'm just curious if this overcharging with the PO is a region thing?I mail from home for 59 cent,its what my PO told me to put on my envelopes.I never put two stamps on the envelope,to me that would be like giving money away to the PO.This is the bubble envelopes and most times I have many packs of seeds in it.I've asked members if postage is due when they receive it and I've been told no.I never mail from the PO since I moved into the country.So does anyone think its regional?I'm in the south,south GA to be exact,somewhat rural.Debbie

Bookmark   September 14, 2008 at 1:05PM
angelady777 (was angelady on GW) - Zone 6(6)

1. So far, I've been overcharged exactly 50% of the time.
2. No, not so far.

Even though it hasn't happened to me yet, I am very concerned over others getting "postage due" on my trades. Many have said that it's happened to them that I'm trading with because I've asked them. Some go as far as putting it on their trade pages that you must take it to the post office for correct postage calculation and if you do not and they get "postage due", they'll have it returned to sender.

As for sending for just 59 cents and 62 cents... Wow! That's really interesting....

~Angela

Bookmark   September 14, 2008 at 1:37PM
angelady777 (was angelady on GW) - Zone 6(6)

BTW, when I mentioned in another thread that I was asked to put 3 stamps on the envelope or go to the post office for their correct calculation, that was another trader that asked me to do that, not post office personnel... Of course, they (the traders) would only say that because they've gotten "postage due" in the past and they're concerned over getting more of them.

~Angela

Bookmark   September 14, 2008 at 1:48PM
medontdo(8)

1. always charges correctly
2. po box so i mail from the po

they tell me if i mail the bubbler and its empty, its 1 stamp. its very light, very thin. its never had postage due till this last time in mi. ~Medo

Bookmark   September 14, 2008 at 9:32PM
ollierose

My situation is the same as yours Sue.

Diana

Bookmark   September 15, 2008 at 11:12AM
luvsgrtdanes

Never been over charged and also have been informed about sending cheaper

Mail from my house all the time with no problem.

Bookmark   September 15, 2008 at 4:15PM
agirlsgirl(6 SW-PA)

1.Since I no longer use the PO,they don't over charge me anymore!I will have to see what happens if I take one there once in awhile.
2.I have never mailed one from home,I just put them in the public blue mailboxes. It seems when my envies come in contact with these employees,they take forever to get where they are going, I pop them in the box and they arrive in a couple days!

~Angie...who has PO-aphobia,and good reason to have it!

Bookmark   September 16, 2008 at 1:48PM
piksi_hk(9)

I mailed a small BE and they insisted that it was a parcel, I even told them that it should be charged large flat but they did not buy it:( She even pulled out the template and the BE went right through but she said it was not a flat envelope.

Next trip, the same thing happened.

Betsy

Bookmark   October 1, 2008 at 10:00PM
More Discussions
Want: Sorrel Have: Thai holy Basil for trade
I love to trade Sorrel, Large Leaf or any type of Sorrel...
pat44th
Using bubble envelopes
Please, please, please, use bubble envelopes when shipping...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
Let's Regroup! How About a Roll Call for GW Seed Exchangers?
We can stay in touch if we post our old GW username...
katjaqu
WANTED: Crimson Delight Tomato
Howdy fellow GW/Houzzers. I am on the search for Crimson...
EricaBraun
WANTED: Green Envy zinnias
My daughter has a passion for flowers, she's 12 and...
sunsetfarm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™