when trading with canada which form do i need?

medontdo(8)September 26, 2008

i can order the forms, id' rather just order a few of them, so i was wondering which form i needed? do any of you know which one it is?? i just don't remember. ~Medo

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)

Last time I looked, the main exchange was for USA only and Canada has its own exchange. However, many of us send stuff to our Canadian friends.

The difficulty with Canada is that you MUST go to the counter to send them and fill out a customs form. I don't know the number of the form, but it is a two-part green card. The left side deals with the value and contents, the right lists the sender and the recepient. There is at least one signature line.

Also a reminder to our Canadian friends - if we are sending to you, we need to use US stamps not Canadian. I have people send me Canadian stamps for the trip back and they don't work.

Bookmark   September 27, 2008 at 3:12PM
medontdo(8)

thank you so much!! i don't mind trading with people in canada, but i needed that form number. and i know i can order it. heck you can order tons of things and have them send them to your house and not have to deal with the dang po. at all!! so i'm like heck ya!! and not worry about the po altogether!! although mine is great. i just don't like to get out and about. and if i send hubs with the right paperwork he'll get it done right this time!! HEE HEE LOL ~Medo

Bookmark   September 28, 2008 at 12:13AM
bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)

USPS.com is an easy website to use. Here's your link to the proper customs form.

Here is a link that might be useful: Form 2976

Bookmark   September 28, 2008 at 12:32PM
medontdo(8)

thank you so much, i did order that one. ~Medo

Bookmark   September 28, 2008 at 6:22PM
More Discussions
have: showy milkweed seeds for sase
Hi Everyone, We have a project to get as much milkweed...
nankeen
HAVE: Have: Flower seeds (abundance of burgandy hollyhocks)
Hollyhock perennial seed collected June 2014. This...
frugal_gardening
Let's Regroup! How About a Roll Call for GW Seed Exchangers?
We can stay in touch if we post our old GW username...
katjaqu
Updated trade list.
Would love to exchange seeds. Check out my exchange...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
KatJaqu's GardenWeb Exchange Page
Seeds I have to trade: Autumn Rainbow Earth Tone Dent...
katjaqu
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™