Yvonnes Salvia

jim_6b(TN)October 2, 2008

I was just wondering how many people are growing this and how they did.

I got a late start on everything I planted this year but am pleased with the results. The salvia seed I received from Emily did well and grew about 3 feet tall. The humming birds loved them and I'm in the process of collecting seed. I'm hoping I will have enough to share but I don't know right now. I will post on the seed exchange if I do.

jim_6b

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graanieb

Good seeing you post Jim.
My Yvonne's Salvia never got that tall, had one about 3 ft winter over and the seedlings are now ab 20 in tall and starting to bloom, guess being in the containers affects their size, but they are beautiful, hummers love 'em along with other salvia.

GB-Bea

Bookmark   October 2, 2008 at 10:52AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
medontdo(8)

now that i know what it is, LOL mine so far are about that tall, but has been covered up by that darned ol lilac le fleur datura and white angels trumpet. i didn't think they would take over, or else i think they would have been taller. LOL
i winter sowed them, and the markings got faded, wrong marker. i did collect some seeds, and i think i will be able to collect some more!! i LOVE this plant!! LOL it wasn't big enough when the hummers were here though, it sure will be next year!! :') ~Medo

Bookmark   October 4, 2008 at 10:37PM
More Discussions
Traders -> Now ANYONE can message you!
Go to https://www.houzz.com/editProfile Edit Profile...
phylis
Let's Regroup! How About a Roll Call for GW Seed Exchangers?
We can stay in touch if we post our old GW username...
katjaqu
Want: Great White tomato. Have: tomatoes (list inside)
I had a trade for some Great White seeds, but it looks...
muffypuffie
have: showy milkweed seeds for sase
Hi Everyone, We have a project to get as much milkweed...
nankeen
Want: Sorrel Have: Thai holy Basil for trade
I love to trade Sorrel, Large Leaf or any type of Sorrel...
pat44th
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™