Help! I am not receiving e-mails.

daisy_lee(5)October 9, 2010

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I am getting posts that someone is sending me an e-mail and nothing comes, even though I checked off the box saying that I want to receive e-mails.

Thanks!

Carol

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Hi Daisy-lee,

I sent you a test email via GW yesterday eve about 7PM and asked that you email me if/when you got it.

I'm now going to email you privately (not via GW) and see if you get it. It could be a problem with either GW or your email provider, or maybe even your ISP. I do however suspect GW more than the others though.

Emails via GW have been unreliable at times in the past, which is why I think it is usually best that members show their email addy to members only as you have. That then leaves the option open to email a member and not having to email via GW.

Sue...off to email you now from my email program/site.

Bookmark   October 10, 2010 at 9:18AM
kathy645(4 VT)

I find GW mail is usually dumped in my spam folder on my mail server instead of downloading to my computer. I'm sure there's a way to stop that, but haven't figured it out yet.
Kathy

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 12:43AM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

I find GW mail is usually dumped in my spam folder on my mail server instead of downloading to my computer.
Now that's something to consider when I've thought (assumed) all along that the GW email was hit or miss. hmmmm....

Daisy, I sent you an email from my Hotmail on Sun, 10 Oct 2010 08:57:45 -0500, with numerous questions for you. Did you get it? If not, that must prove that the problem is not with GW emails but with something on your end.

Sue

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 6:00AM
daisy_lee(5)

Yes, I did get it. Thank you!

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 11:10PM
More Discussions
Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 5
Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 5 we came from here: Adopt-A-Newbie...
leila hamaya
Search Trade Lists
Any ideas how we search all trade lists for a specific...
shanon_
WANTED: Galbanum seeds
I'm interested in seeds of aromatic “Galbanum,”...
ansarac951
HAVE : Different backgrounds and improved viewing of this site!
some of us gw webbers have been creating different...
leila hamaya
Will anyone have fresh hellebore seeds soon?
Hi everybody, I'd like to trade for some fresh Hellebore...
vaflowernut
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™