10 Most Frequently Asked (FAQ) questions
or things that are good to know here at The Seed Exchange.
As the winter starts to head in, I have started to think once again about doing some work on the existing FAQ.
What do you think the biggie things are that one should know if they are a first timer, or newbie here at The Seed Exchange.
1. How does The Seed Exchange work?...or something similar. The answer would be a combination of the blurb taken from the top of the The Seed Exchange Page as well as incorporating 'some' of the Special Instructions for Exchanges It would explain that the Discussion side is for actual trades, or seeds for postage offers, and that the Conversation Side is for addressing any questions about Seed Trading, or for just chit chat about gardening, or even other things.
2. GETTING STARTED: I have no seeds to trade, but would like to be a part of the Seed Exchange. What can I do?
reply would suggest looking for and responding to generous 'offers' of seeds for postage, buying a few commercial seeds cheaply, offering up seed baggies, etc. Also include a link to The Seed Saving Forum and also to the FAQ at the Seed Saving Forum A link to the latest big offering could even be provided, like Bakemom's present offering, until it is over. The link could then be removed.
3. What is an SASE, SASBE, BEAP?
With an explanation that it is actually a bubble envelope and postage mailed to the offering member, and including inside return postage, a return address label (or a piece of paper containing one's name and addy that the offering member can tape on the envy for its return trip), along with anything else the offering member requests, ie, their member name, and possibly a list of what was wanted or previously agreed to.
4. Where is My Trade List page, and how do I add things to it? Should I list seeds I would like to receive even if I don't have anything to trade right now? Why?
5. Where do I buy bubble envelopes, and what size should I buy? Are they then reusable? Do I 'have' to buy and use bubble envelopes? Can I just use bubble wrap in a regular envelope?
List numerous places where bubble envelopes envies can be bought and suggest sizes...plus more.......the Great Debate!
6. How much does postage cost to mail a bubble envelope??????????????
hmmm...not gonna start twitching now by going into too much detail, but it might be something like Mailing costs for Bubble Envelopes (BE)
7. Members say there is no way to email me, or that my email is blocked. What does that mean, and how do I fix it so I can easily be reached by members for trading or responding to seeds for postage offers?
Over the next few months I will be asking for more input/help, picking everyone's brains.
just thought of this...maybe?
8. I have questions and don't see the answers anywhere. Who or where can I ask?
Suggest using the Conversation side of the Seed Exchange, and maybe doing a search via the search box found just below the list of threads on page one. If no answer is readily found, just feel free to ask by starting a new thread on the Conversation side.
Please phrase your suggestions here in the form of questions, if possible. Feel free to post your answer as well, even if just abbreviated like above.
Whatcha all think? Anybody still with me?
Sue...resident busy body