SASBE question

yotetrapper(7)November 24, 2008

When someone wants a SASBE for seeds, what exactly do they want? Do they want a self addresss stamp bubble envelope mailed inside a second envelope, or just one enevelope with an address label and postage inside it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvsgrtdanes

Usually it is a bubble envie with your address label and stamps inside. No sense sending two envies it cost more. Most people will let you know exactly what they need too.

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 12:04PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Hi yotetrapper,

the abbreviations SASE, and SASBE are indeed confusing, as that is not what they actually are. Instead they are really Bubble Envelopes and postage. I prefer to call them BEAP.

Here is a good read that explains a lot of what might be wanted....sase-sasbe is NOT a self addressed envelope-bubble or otherwise

Sue...resident busy body

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 12:27PM
yotetrapper(7)

Thanks guys. I did a SASBE the other day and the lady told me to just put the stamps in the one envelope but then I was doing another today and wasnt sure if that was the norm or not. didnt want to send only one envelope if two was what was expected.

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 1:42PM
bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)

Remember, the point of a bubble envelope is to protect the seeds from being crushed in the rollers used to process regular envelopes. If you use one, that's normally fine. If you want to use two - one light paper envelope holding a prepared bubble mailer, that's fine to. But, there's no reason to send a bubble mailer in another bubble mailer. I get that all the time.

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 12:44AM
medontdo(8)

we always use the one you send to send your seeds in, we put your adddy on it and seeds in it, then send it back. :') no sense in wasting all them stamps, and no sense in wasting all them envi's either. :') ~Medo

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 2:54AM
token28001(zone7b NC)

And then we use the ones we received from trades to send seeds to other people. I've only had to buy one pack of envelopes. I like recycling.

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 10:12PM
More Discussions
Have to trade
Large Barred Boar Tomato seeds
riggson3
Wanted: Bush cucumber variety
I was hoping to find a type of cucumber I could plant...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
WANTED: Crimson Delight Tomato
Howdy fellow GW/Houzzers. I am on the search for Crimson...
EricaBraun
Let's Regroup! How About a Roll Call for GW Seed Exchangers?
We can stay in touch if we post our old GW username...
katjaqu
WANTED: Green Envy zinnias
My daughter has a passion for flowers, she's 12 and...
sunsetfarm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™