Weather- who has been without power and how long?

alwaysagarden(CA 9b)December 15, 2008

Got about 4 inches of wet white snow today... really pretty...really cold! Was without power for a few hours earlier tonight, but thank goodness while in the pitch dark I was able to find my multi purpose lighter and light some nice candles. First year of snow for my cat so he has no idea what that white cold wet stuff is. He loves to go outside so I opened my front door to see how he would react to it. Was so funny watching him touch it with his paw. He tried digging in it a little and then ran back inside the apartment LOL! Wondering how you folks are fairing in your areas?

Cindy : )

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
thosedarnsqurls(Up-State NY 5)

Funny,.....I thought I'd see a thread like this on the Up-State NY Forum. You're on the OTHER side of the country!

Well, We were blessed with 6 days of no electricity.I have never seen so much damage caused by ice. Huge, mature trees, snapping like toothpicks under the weight of their icy laden branches. It looks like the aftermath of battle. People's rooves crushed in, cars, wires dangling in the breeze.

Worst of it is cleaned up, and most NY-ers are with power again.

All in all,......
Twas kind of nice excercising survival skills, (cooking on the woodstove, innovative methods of cleaning dishes and one's self), and most enjoyable was time spent together for a change, huddling around the woodstove like real families used to,.before the age of electronics!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ice Storm 2008

Bookmark   December 18, 2008 at 10:53AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grovespirit(Zone 9)

We had a power outage due to severe rainstorms a couple days ago. It only lasted 14 hours, thankfully.

Bookmark   December 30, 2008 at 2:57AM
More Discussions
hardy hibiscus
Does anyone have hardy hibiscus seeds they would share...
Sophie Harding
Have Commercial seed for trade
All offered seeds are commercial, most will arrive...
Frances Coffill
Have: Fr Marigolds, Grandpa Ott
Have French marigolds multicolored Queen Sofia, Grandpa...
gardenlover77. zn6 NY
Will anyone have fresh hellebore seeds soon?
Hi everybody, I'd like to trade for some fresh Hellebore...
vaflowernut 6b sw va.
Traders -> Now ANYONE can message you!
Go to https://www.houzz.com/editProfile Edit Profile...
phylis
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™