I would like help designing front yard

sammyneedshelpAugust 7, 2010

I have a blank slate to start with, the house faces West and gets full sun all afternoon.I live east of San Diego where the temperture gets about 10 degrees warmer. We want to keep the space on the right accessible to the backyard via trucks etc. The bank on the right is actually the neighbors property so not REALLY concerned with doing anything but keeping it cleaned up. We do not want grass any more, were thinking of going with "low maintenace" desert/rock look with succulants and drought tolerant plants.IE meandering dry creek bed or some type of plant islands?? I have a bench and old antique garden tools to include here and there. I would like some color and would like to use pretty ceremic pots for some plants. I have a picture of a yard I like near by that I will try to attach along with my house. Any help would sure be appreciated!! I am very tired of this being a neighborhood eyesore! We had 2 giant messy silk oaks removed and cleared everthing else out at that time.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Embothrium(USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA)

Hire a garden designer, landscape consultant or garden coach to come out and look at what you've got, help you get what you want.

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 12:43AM
missingtheobvious(Blue Ridge 7a)

sammyneedshelp, we can't see your photos. They need to be on a photo-hosting site like Photobucket (or somewhere on the Internet). If they're only on your PC or in your email, you'll be able to see them, but we can't. All that shows up in your post is the text. This is a fairly common problem.

Here are GW's photo instructions; I haven't done it myself, so I can't tell you more than that.
http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/pepper/2002072150000611.html

Good luck.

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 1:01AM
ilikemud_2007

Hi Sammy,
I agree bboy about hiring someone to help you with the design - you'll save money in the long run and have a better result in the short term too. Why don't you go meet the folks who have the yard you admire and learn more about it - maybe they can recommend a designer!

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 9:06AM
More Discussions
Issue with Retainer Wall, fixable or redo?
Hi, first time posting here. I'm looking for advice...
John Turner
Raised Garden Bed Construction Help
Hello Everyone! What wonderful help! I've built about...
Garden Chickee
Feedback on my design/plans?
In a previous thread I asked for general suggestions...
Kristin
scary house help
Trying to help someone with this- yipes. I'm thinking...
hightide102
Need help design patio & location of tree
The backyard of my future home (yet to be completed)...
Late Sound
Sponsored Products
Westinghouse Wall Mounted 1-Light Rust on Cast Aluminum Exterior Wall Lantern
$74.10 | Home Depot
Panteena Sleek 8 Drawer Dresser - Black - ENLB1473
$879.99 | Hayneedle
Novelty Lamps: NCAA 8 in. Neon Helmet Lamp - Ohio State Buckeyes 142596
$39.99 | Home Depot
Highpoint Collection Ceramic 18x12-inch Undermount Vanity Sink - Bisque
Overstock.com
Armen Living Dallas Loveseat - LC21452BL
Hayneedle