I'm not a newbie anymore!

yotetrapper(7)December 4, 2008

Through the grateful generosity of the members of this website, in a little more than a week of being on this forum, I can no longer call myself a newbie. I have done/ am in the process of doing about 7 SASBE or trade deals, and I also signed up for the secret santa swap. Every day for the past 4 days I've had seeds in my mailbox. Today I got the mail and had EIGHT envelopes of seeds, yes, eight! Each envelope contained at least 3 packs of seeds and one envelope contained 17 packs! I now have more seeds than I will be able to plant!

I do have a question. Since I will never be able to plant all of these, is it considered poor taste to add some to my trade list? A lot of these seeds I was given, and I'm not sure it seems right to trade any?

In the next few days, I will go through everything and see what I won't be planting, then I will do a SASBE offer for a new member.

I just wanted to say THANKS to everyone who sent me seeds! This website and the generous people on here just amaze me!

Angela

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Oh, but Angela, you will be a newbie for a while yet. There are different ideas on just what a newbie is. My idea is that one is a newbie, until they have acquired and collected so many seeds that they then become an addict. more, more, nore.... After they become addicted and have acquired a massive stash, they then advance to becoming an enabler...one who pushes seeds, and tries to get others addicted to the crazy madness of seed collecting.
Enablers feed on the addictions of others.

I see you already have a nice review at The Rate and Review Forum

I just wanted to say THANKS to everyone who sent me seeds!
The Rate and Review Forum in a nice way of posting a review for members who have either shared or made nice trades with you.

I think you might be headed toward addiction.

A lot of these seeds I was given, and I'm not sure it seems right to trade any?
Yes, it is perfectly all right to list them for trading, or include them as bonuses, or whatever you care to do with them. Often packs of seeds have more than a member really wants or needs to start. It is all right to pull out whatever you care to grow and trade off the rest of the pack, so long there are about 25 seeds or you list the number if there are less.
Often when I send sasbe, I send extra with the extra in mind for building one's trade list, or for just sharing as bonuses.

Sue...rbb

Here is a link that might be useful: Rate and Review-Instructions for the forum are at the top of the page

Bookmark   December 4, 2008 at 7:27PM
token28001(zone7b NC)

I used extra and bonus seeds to get the ones I really wanted. As long as someone is using them, I'm comfortable with it.

Bookmark   December 4, 2008 at 11:05PM

I forgot to add, I really don't care if you give them to your friends, relatives, neighbors, or just scatter them along the roadside.

Sue

Bookmark   December 4, 2008 at 11:10PM
dorisl(5)

Hi Angela! You get bonus points for sending a thank you and for posting to my review thread, watch out next time we trade, youll get those bonuses. hee! ****I got too many seeds, got to move them along so I can get other seeds****

Bookmark   December 4, 2008 at 11:35PM

Yes and Angela, I wanna give you a a big ole Attagirl! too, for hopping right over the R and R and doing nice reviews.

You're a fab newbie!...and I don't say that very often.

Sue

Bookmark   December 5, 2008 at 12:03AM
yotetrapper(7)

LOL it took me like an hour to do all them on dial up on the R&R forum. This forum loads slow for me for some reason. And now I have yet more R&Rs to do. Keep me busy I guess. LOL. I've got the majority of what I wanted now, mainly just still looking for heirloom drying beans, and moon and stars watermelon and a few other flowers. Now I need to find some sort of filing system, my coffee can aint cutting it no more lol.

Bookmark   December 6, 2008 at 1:09AM
jaleeisa(6b Oklahoma)

Angela, I have some of your wants, including the moon and stars watermelon. Email me :)

Kathy~ Once a newbie,then an addict, now a dedicated enabler!

Bookmark   December 6, 2008 at 9:41PM
More Discussions
looking for streptocarpus seed
Hi guys, first time on this forum, but was a regular...
whisst
Wanted: Feverfew seeds
I am looking for feverfew seeds if anyone has any....
nottougly
HAVE: Morning Glory tie dye blue
I have added some freshly harvested seeds to my trade...
strmywthr3
New template to determine postage
I've designed my own template. It's a piece of plywood...
jim_6b
WANTED: postage for bubble mailers
Today I mailed a bubble envelope with seeds that was...
southerngardening24
Sponsored Products
Monogram Double Old-Fashioned - M
$26.00 | Horchow
American Drew Cherry Grove Corner China Cabinet - ADL4555
Hayneedle
Sample-Iridescent Carnival Bricks Glass Tiles Sample
$2.99 | TileBar
Kenwood Ivory KEN04 Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 7 Ft. 9 In. Rug
$254.15 | Bellacor
Darya Rugs Modern, Jade, 7'10" x 9'3" M1710-304
Darya Rugs