Special Instructions for the Exchange
Because the Garden Web link to the Special Instructions for the Exchange is malfunctioning, they are posted in bold below. Additionally, there are links at the bottom of this post to other threads that might be of help to someone new to The Seed Exchange. If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them to this thread, or else to start a new thread on the (Off-Topic) Conversations Side of The Seed Exchange.
Special Instructions for Exchanges:
* This area is for the purpose of exchanging seeds or plants of the type covered by this forum.
* The exchanges were created to facilitate the arranging of trades of plants and seeds between members. Please do not use them to solicit donations, ask for free plants or seeds, or ask for items in exchange for postage. All requests must be in the context of arranging a trade. If you have nothing to offer at this time, please wait until you do.
If you do not have anything to trade at this time, you are however welcome to respond to the many generous 'offers' of seeds for postage. These can be found by looking for posts that say seeds are available for sase, sasbe, beap, free, newbies, etc. Some posts will state that they are looking for trades, but will also consider sending seeds for postage.
* All exchanges are restricted to users from a particular country, region or state. If it isn't indicated otherwise, the exchange is restricted to residents of the U.S. To find an exchange for your location, check the exchange index.
* Each post must have a type of trade, subject and a message.
Additionally, Seeds for postage offers are also permitted, ie BEAP, SASBE, SASE, free, etc.
* Trading is done at user's discretion. Garden Web has no control or responsibility over trades arranged here. Keep in mind some traders may let you down, so it might be wise to keep your initial trade with someone limited to smaller items.
Before arranging a trade, you may want to check for reviews on the member at The Rate and Review Forum. To search the forum for the member's review thread(s), use the Search box found just below the list of threads on page one of the forum.
* Messages addressed to or meant for particular users should be sent via email and are not allowed in the exchanges.
If for some reason you are not able to reach a member, ie emails are bouncing, emails are not being responded to, or you have lost the member's email address and they have no email link, you can make a post looking for the member on the Conversation side of the forum. A link to (off topic) Conversations can be found at the top of the list of threads here on the main page (page 1) on the Discussion (Exchange) side. Often other members will be experiencing the same problems, or can share what information they have about the members whereabouts....ie sickness, family emergency, on vacation, computer problems, etc.
* If you have trouble with another person coming through with their end of a trade, you must deal with it privately. It is the consensus of the forum users that this type of thing be kept out of our forums. Any public accusation in this forum, or elsewhere at GardenWeb, will result in the accuser being banned.
Please use theRate & Review Forum to post the details of the transaction.
* To avoid problems when shipping across borders and some state lines, it is best to ship plants bare-rooted and to label the container as such. It is up to the users involved to determine what is legal and what is not.
* This forum is for the purpose of exchanging material, there should be no need to mention money in any postings. If money is mentioned, the posting will be considered an advertisement and the poster will be banned.
* Trading of patented material is unlawful and is strictly forbidden.
Do you have a Member Page email link so that you can easily be reached?
Do you have your Member Trade List filled out, even if it is only for seeds that you are looking for? Do you know why that is often important?
Do you know how to look for, how to respond to, and the customary requirements of Seeds for Postage Offers?
This thread, "Addressing newbie and newer member issues" covers those things as well as some other 'good to know' information.
Present First Class Mailing Costs for Bubble Envelopes (BE) along with the dimensions of a Large Envelope and Parcels.
Please feel free to post any questions or concerns here if you like.
Once this thread slips down on the page, please feel free to assist in keeping it bumped up near the top of the page where it will best be noticed.
Happy trading, sharing and gardening!
Below are links to some forums or threads that might be helpful or that you might find entertaining.
Winter Sowing Forum Check out the link to the FAQ at the top of the page there to find out what it's all about.
Seed Saving Forum There are no FAQ for the forum, but you can search the forum for a particular seed by using the Search box found just below the list of threads on page one there
How do you keep all your seeds organized??!!.......you can't have too much input or too may suggestions on organizing your seeds, imho.
How do you organize your seeds?...you can never be too organized...
I need an intervention.... another thread covering this 'seed addiction'.
Seed bombs....if you end up with more seeds than you can grow or share.
I got busted seed snagging this week.....written by a seed addict.
Hi! My name is Sue.....we admit we are totally addicted to seeds and plants and trading, and enabling...
If anyone else has any links to forums or threads they would like to add here, please feel free to so.