Restaurant Supply

landpersonNovember 29, 2010

I was in the local restaurant supply house today (looking for good containers for all of the soup and broth from the turkey), and noticed some good looking fry baskets that would probably make good 3/8" sifters....

They are really heavy duty and a great shape, too, so they would probably work. In fact, I may go back and get one myself.....after I finish with this turkey :-)))))

Susan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindasewandsew(So Cal 9)

Hi Susan, Did you go to the restaurant supply stores in Colton? There are 4 or 5 of them over there. We went over there and looked at the used stuff in the back room of one of them. They had lots of those baskets, but we didn't know if the holes were a bit too large. The guy at the checkout counter suggested that he'd give us a great deal on them since we didn't care what they looked like. Linda

Bookmark   November 29, 2010 at 9:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
landperson

Nope, not Colton; but the grid on the ones I saw looked good. I made sieves with 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and insect screening, and the 1/2 is definitely too big and bigger than the fry baskets I saw today. If I have time tomorrow or Wednesday I'll try to stop by with a measuring tape in hand. To my eye they looked just right for the 3/8, but I'm notoriously bad about spatial relations....

Bookmark   November 29, 2010 at 10:01PM
More Discussions
RE: Introductory post-C.S-W.M&RXXI 1-27-15
Hi everyone, In my very 1st post, I described how by...
halocline
To find popular threads try this...
When you are looking for popular threads from the GW...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
Need help identifying a few plants from a photo
Can someone please identify the plants used in this...
Merci Ava Maria
Container garden help wanted, re: corn
I am wanting to try something new with my container...
klo12
Pine Bark Fines Substitute?
I'm having trouble finding pine bark fines for the...
johnweh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™