Need ideas for odd pathway

aintnothinAugust 18, 2014

at the top of some stairs I have an upslope where I am removing old bricks and am trying to decide on a mixture of concrete, wood beam and ???

The photo you see is going uphill. All the brick you see will be removed, including the bricks on far right which make a border around a tree -- but I will replace the border with something.

Was thinking of concrete up to the round stepping stone (barely visible) and maybe a beam from left to right to keep the dirt from sliding down, but could use some good advice and/or ideas. I'd like it to be somewhat attractive as well as functional --

Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yardvaark

since you have grade change, you probably need one step in the walk. But the picture is too close to see what it should be. Back up and take a picture for context.

Bookmark   August 18, 2014 at 9:26PM
lazy_gardens

Can you show pictures of the entire area ... One aimed up-slope and the other from the top of the slope. Enough so we can tell what the whole area looks like.

It's impossible to tell how steep the slope is and if there are problems you have not noticed.

Bookmark   August 19, 2014 at 9:05AM
eibren(z6PA)

Without seeing the entire path, i am guessing you might find it satisfactory to have a series of wide steps or landings edged with wood or brick and filled in with large-chip mulch (pine bark or whatever is used locally). The mulch would have to be added to every few years, but would be safer than concrete or other hardscaping, I would think.

Bookmark   August 25, 2014 at 8:44PM
More Discussions
Women Landscapers?
I am one. Any others out there? Do you hire women workers? If...
lifeflower123
Need dog fencing layout tips for homestead
We just bought a place on nearly 4 acres that has no...
tracefacemsu
Stained concrete vs. Integrated Concrete
Hello, I am redoing my backyard, and pouring new concrete....
sillysally
Huge commercial project behind me
Hi, all. The Deathstar has arrived-- that is, the 60,000...
demeron
Front Yard Landscape Help! Zone 10a
We are looking to remodel the front of our home. We...
honesthouse
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™